Update worthy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cluelesshopeful

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I know there is often a negative consensus on SDN surrounding updates, so I have been talking myself out of sending updates for the past several weeks. I don't want to waste my time, or more importantly, the adcoms, so I would just like some specific feedback.

I have two new jobs that I started since submitting my primary; a PCT and an Operating Room tech/assistant. I've been working 60-70+ hour weeks between the two since starting in July. I have accumulated 800+ hours as a PCT and 500+ as an ORT. I plan on continuing both jobs until matriculation. My application was not lacking in clinical experience by any means (2000+ hours as a scribe) so I'm not sure if this is worth an update.

1. Worth an update to a school I'm currently on the WL? (accepts updates)
2. Worth an update to one of my top schools pre-II? (accepts updates)
3. If yes to either, is it necessary to mention the specific hours of each?

Thank you so much for any insight. Happy Holidays! Stay safe!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,
I know there is often a negative consensus on SDN surrounding updates, so I have been talking myself out of sending updates for the past several weeks. I don't want to waste my time, or more importantly, the adcoms, so I would just like some specific feedback.

I have two new jobs that I started since submitting my primary; a PCT and an Operating Room tech/assistant. I've been working 60-70+ hour weeks between the two since starting in July. I have accumulated 800+ hours as a PCT and 500+ as an ORT. I plan on continuing both jobs until matriculation. My application was not lacking in clinical experience by any means (2000+ hours as a scribe) so I'm not sure if this is worth an update.

1. Worth an update to a school I'm currently on the WL? (accepts updates)
2. Worth an update to one of my top schools pre-II? (accepts updates)
3. If yes to either, is it necessary to mention the specific hours of each?

Thank you so much for any insight. Happy Holidays! Stay safe!
If these are schools that like to hear from applicants as a measure of their continued interest in the school, by all means, include this information, including the intensity of your work hours. Ditto with ongoing community service endeavors.

Reactions: 2 users
If these are schools that like to hear from applicants as a measure of their continued interest in the school, by all means, include this information, including the intensity of your work hours. Ditto with ongoing community service endeavors.
This^^^^^^ for your WL school, since it's really more to express continuing interest.

With respect to your pre-II schools, while I don't see how it hurts, I also don't see how it helps. You already have 2,000+ hours clinical experience. Do you really think the thing holding you back was not having another 1,300+ hours??? Pre-II, it's really hard to move the needle with an update, so it's probably a waste of time. But, it's unlikely to hurt, so no reason not to take a shot. Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed. JMHO.

Reactions: 1 user