Updated (2020) Feralis V2 Biology Notes and DATBooster

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darley Havidson

Reaction score
@FeralisExtremum, creator of Feralis Bio Notes, seems to now be working together with the team that created PATBooster. They have just launched DATBooster, which includes material for the other sections of the DAT. Seen on the Biology page is a free link to the original Feralis Bio Notes, but noted beneath it with the caption "Will be released chapter by chapter starting June" are the notes titled "Feralis-Booster V2 Biology Notes." Seen on the Study Guide page is free link to the "Feralis-Booster's 10-Week Study Guide."

With a team consisting of the makers of PATBooster and Feralis himself, and with a price point of $199 for 100 days, DATBooster seems like it could enter into the top tier of DAT prep material. With that being said, I have not purchased DATBooster yet, and do have some questions for those that may have already, or are on the DATBooster team.

1. How will the Feralis-Booster V2 Biology Notes compare to the original Feralis Bio Notes, considering the scope and depth of the DAT Biology section has not changed since before the release of the original notes?

2. Will the V2 notes be exclusive to subscribers of DATBooster?

3. Will the Feralis Anki Deck be made available?

4. Is there any affiliation between DATBooster and DATBootcamp?

5. To those that have both DATBooster and DATBootcamp, how would you compare them? There seems to be a general opinion about PATBooster vs the PAT section of Bootcamp, how about the other sections?

As a retaker of the DAT (previously 24AA, 25TS, few reasons for a retake), I hope to contribute to this discussion in the near future as I begin prepping for round 2.

Members don't see this ad.

@FeralisExtremum, creator of Feralis Bio Notes, seems to now be working together with the team that created PATBooster. They have just launched DATBooster, which includes material for the other sections of the DAT. Seen on the Biology page is a free link to the original Feralis Bio Notes, but noted beneath it with the caption "Will be released chapter by chapter starting June" are the notes titled "Feralis-Booster V2 Biology Notes." Seen on the Study Guide page is free link to the "Feralis-Booster's 10-Week Study Guide."

With a team consisting of the makers of PATBooster and Feralis himself, and with a price point of $199 for 100 days, DATBooster seems like it could enter into the top tier of DAT prep material. With that being said, I have not purchased DATBooster yet, and do have some questions for those that may have already, or are on the DATBooster team.

1. How will the Feralis-Booster V2 Biology Notes compare to the original Feralis Bio Notes, considering the scope and depth of the DAT Biology section has not changed since before the release of the original notes?

2. Will the V2 notes be exclusive to subscribers of DATBooster?

3. Will the Feralis Anki Deck be made available?

4. Is there any affiliation between DATBooster and DATBootcamp?

5. To those that have both DATBooster and DATBootcamp, how would you compare them? There seems to be a general opinion about PATBooster vs the PAT section of Bootcamp, how about the other sections?

As a retaker of the DAT (previously 24AA, 25TS, few reasons for a retake), I hope to contribute to this discussion in the near future as I begin prepping for round 2.
Why are you retaking the DAT with a 24AA

I took it too early and my score is too old for a handful of schools I'm really interested in. I did worse than I would have liked in a few sections: 22QR, 21RC, 18PAT. Other parts of my applicant profile are lacking, and I believe the DAT is my best shot at balancing them out.

I took it too early and my score is too old for a handful of schools I'm really interested in. I did worse than I would have liked in a few sections: 22QR, 21RC, 18PAT. Other parts of my applicant profile are lacking, and I believe the DAT is my best shot at balancing them out.
Once you get a good score, don't retake it. A school won't accept you/reject you because you have a 26 AA vs 24 AA. If your score is outdated for schools at the very top of your list, then yeah it makes sense to retake, but if only a few schools not on the very top of your list want a retake, don't do it.

The DAT score is only 1 box that admissions checks off. Once you get a good score, they check that box and move to the next category.

Once you get a good score, don't retake it. A school won't accept you/reject you because you have a 26 AA vs 24 AA. If your score is outdated for schools at the very top of your list, then yeah it makes sense to retake, but if only a few schools not on the very top of your list want a retake, don't do it.

The DAT score is only 1 box that admissions checks off. Once you get a good score, they check that box and move to the next category.

Yeah, my score is outdated for a handful of schools at the top of my list. And yes that's true, but I'd say that checkboxes carry a heavier or lighter weight relative to each other, depending on the school. A dental school that's primarily focused on graduating general dentists with a focus on accessible dental care might value the DAT (compared to say, community service) differently than a dental school that's primarily focused on graduating dentists who will be highly competitive for residency programs. These checkboxes can also compensate for each other. Everyone's gotta make their calls based on their unique strengths and weaknesses to try and stick out in the crowd. In my case, the DAT is one strength that I'm hoping will compensate for some of my weaknesses.