Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

updated military benefits

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by dentalguy, Jul 24, 2006.

1. dentalguy

dentalguy Senior Member

Pre-Dental
    http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,104359,00.html

For those of you considering the military, I'm sure all of you have looked at the stipends and monetary benefits. As it has been said before, you should not do it solely for the money. However, the shortage in dental and medical students signing up for the military has shrank since the Iraq/Afghanistan era. This increase looks very appealing but I have no idea when it would be passed by Congress. It sounds like it could be by this fall but who knows. I thought this may make difference. I have received both the Army and Navy scholarship and have done EXTENSIVE research on it. My decision changes every day but if anyone wants to discuss this you can PM me. I posted this in the predent section too but wanted to get some feedback from current dental students about this.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.