exeunt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2007
Status
Medical Student
my school recommends sending application updates around this time to residency programs. they ask us to get LORs from all away rotations even when completed late, and recommend sending updates w these new LORs, sub i evals, and any research changes. i was just wondering if it would be appropriate to be sending unsolicited LORs when i already sent 4? we are also told to send updates via snail mail to reduce the work of the program coordinator, and was wondering if it would be better to do it like that, via email, or both?

any advice is appreciated!

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Your school sucks and PDs/PCs hate it.

Reactions: Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula

Cougariffic!
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2000
forums.studentdoctor.net
Status
Attending Physician
my school recommends sending application updates around this time to residency programs. they ask us to get LORs from all away rotations even when completed late, and recommend sending updates w these new LORs, sub i evals, and any research changes. i was just wondering if it would be appropriate to be sending unsolicited LORs when i already sent 4? we are also told to send updates via snail mail to reduce the work of the program coordinator, and was wondering if it would be better to do it like that, via email, or both?

any advice is appreciated!
What?

Less than 6 weeks after application season opened?

No way; too early, too annoying. If you send more LORs than requested, it looks like you can't follow directions.

Your school is run by a bunch of monkeys.

Reactions: gutonc

killerleaf

beware, beyond there be dragons
10+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2006
dazed and confused
Status
Academic Administration
I do not understand how snail mail can be less work. The envelopes have to be opened, contents read, ERAS searched (is this someone we are interviewing? Or not?) Then in order to attach any of this stuff to your application, I have to scan it, save the file to my computer, and then upload to ERAS. NO. I do NOT have the time to do this.