updating coursework- didn't intend on taking a class!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

penguin2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so, i ended up taking a class this fall semester at the last minute. I didn't list any intended coursework on AMCAS because I wasn't planning on taking anything- it was literally a last minute decision, i even registered late . Obviously I want to send an updated transcript to schools now the semester is done, but do I have to do it via AMCAS or just send it to each individual school?

also, which of these schools respond +vely to updates/LOI?

Columbia
UWSOM
BU
Tufts
GWU
Tulane
Emory
Mt. Sinai
UPenn

Thanks! :D

Members don't see this ad.

so, i ended up taking a class this fall semester at the last minute. I didn't list any intended coursework on AMCAS because I wasn't planning on taking anything- it was literally a last minute decision, i even registered late . Obviously I want to send an updated transcript to schools now the semester is done, but do I have to do it via AMCAS or just send it to each individual school?

also, which of these schools respond +vely to updates/LOI?

Columbia
UWSOM
BU
Tufts
GWU
Tulane
Emory
Mt. Sinai
UPenn

Thanks! :D
Updating grades throughout the application season must be done with each individual school, not via AMCAS. Call each school to find out what their policy is. Some just want an email with the classes and grades, some may want an official transcript, and some may not allow grade updates at all. I'm sorry I don't have specific info on the schools that you listed!

For GWU, you can simply send them an email with your grades and an attached scanned copy of your transcript. If you don't have a scanner, go to a computer lab on campus and scan it and save it as a PDF file.