updating ECs, publications, etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adcadet

Long way from Gate 27
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all -
my state school (U of MN) allows applicants to add additional ECs to their application beyond the 15 allowed by AMCAS. This was nice for me, as a few significant things happened after I submitted AMCAS. When I interviewed at Wake, they allowed me to do the same thing. Do you know if other schools allowb you to do this? Should I just email each school and politely request that the stuff be added? Should I plan on sticking to the 512 character limit given by AMCAS, or (in the case of papers being published) should I just use the entire abstract?

Thanks,
Adcadet

Members don't see this ad.

I sent out letters with publication information, i.e. article title, journal, authors,etc. I thought the abstract might be too much. Plus it's nice for them to have the letter right in front of them with your signature and all the info rather than an e-mail which is less personal I think. Just my opinion and how I handled it.

Cornell's instructions specifically say NOT TO SEND NEW PUBLICATIONS as an update/supplement to your app; I did so anyways, but only after I was waitlisted

I love how Cornell...sorry, Weill...has that stupid drop down bar to navigate, all while not giving out their admissions office email address. You think that would be a high priority of any informational website, but apparently Cornell doesn't want applicants contacting them. "Don't email us; we'll email you!"