Updating Letters of Rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dangit

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I wanted to update my application by adding a letter after i get verified, will i have get verified again, or can i go and submit my app? The reason being i just finished shadowing a DO doc, but I don't know if he will be able to write the letter before i request for verification....anybody know, or should i try to rush him?

Members don't see this ad.

Might be wrong. But I think your verification is primarily for courses/grades/mcat scores...

If I wanted to update my application by adding a letter after i get verified, will i have get verified again, or can i go and submit my app? The reason being i just finished shadowing a DO doc, but I don't know if he will be able to write the letter before i request for verification....anybody know, or should i try to rush him?

you don't need to have your letters ready in order to submit for verification. they are separate processes b/c the LORs will be included with your secondary application. you won't need to be "reverified" so go ahead and submit your app.

so you dont need to rush him, but i would give him a due date....... i asked my DO letter writers about the letter in early march....3 months in advance!!!!....and i am having to hastle them to get it together and finish them up. its a pain in the butt b/c they are just so busy and writing a letter for a pre med isn't top priority, ya know?