updating my AMCAS address?`

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I know this seems like a no-brainer, but somewhere in the application, I indicated that my mailing address and permanent address were the same (at the time, they were). Now, I'd like to update my mailing address without changing my permanent address, but it has them linked together or something. How do I switch the one?

Members don't see this ad.

um. can't you just uncheck the box that says "same as preferred" on the Permanent Contact Address page?

Don't mean to hijack this thread...but...

I will be moving soon. Do I switch my address in the primary application AND do I have to notify each individual school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Elastase said:
Don't mean to hijack this thread...but...

I will be moving soon. Do I switch my address in the primary application AND do I have to notify each individual school?

I don't think you have to, but it can't hurt... I switched mine a couple of weeks ago and also emailed every school. Some emailed back saying, "thanks, we've updated", and some just said, "thanks, it's on AMCAS anyway".

Either way, I'd definitely get your mail fowarded because some schools apparently didn't update my address - I still have gotten some stuff at the old address.