updating my waitist schools HELP!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goodluckcharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,
I am currently on three waitlists. I found out recently that my research will be published in a medical journal. Do I notify my waitlist schools about that?
and if yes, then how should i do this properly? fax a copy to the admissions office?
Please help. thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

hello,
I am currently on three waitlists. I found out recently that my research will be published in a medical journal. Do I notify my waitlist schools about that?
and if yes, then how should i do this properly? fax a copy to the admissions office?
Please help. thank you :)

If I were you, I would write a letter saying that this and this happened. Say that you are also still interested in attending that school. You should use the update letter as an opportunity to write it as a letter of interest, or if you have a number one school, a letter of intent. Have you done that yet: the LOIs?

Anyways, write the letter and send it in right away!! Good luck!!!:luck:

P.S. What three schools are you on the wait list for?

Personally, I have sent updates once or twice a month to my wait list schools (with similar things...told them my first peer-reviewed publication is finally in press and that we are submitting my second manuscript for publication). I just sent them an email whenever I wanted to update my file and they alway said thanks and that it would be added to my file. I hope that helps, good luck with the wait lists!