Updating NRMP ID on ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Indestructible7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I certified and submitted my ERAS application before the 15th, but I got the nrmp ID today (17th) and updated the personal information section of the ERAS. Now my ERAS application in track documents appear as 17th! Will this affect my interviews and label me as a late applicant? I need reassurance please.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys, I certified and submitted my ERAS application before the 15th, but I got the nrmp ID today (17th) and updated the personal information section of the ERAS. Now my ERAS application in track documents appear as 17th! Will this affect my interviews and label me as a late applicant? I need reassurance please.
Sorry, I honestly wish I could help, but I don't think anyone named "Indestructible" should need any reassurance! ;)

Reactions: 1 user
It's fine.

Really.

One more time, with feeling:

The ERAS opening date is NOT the deadline. Not for anyone. Some programs do have early deadlines (like Oct 1), and applicants need to pay attention to what program websites indicate their deadlines will be. And these days there is an advantage to applying early because more programs have started inviting earlier, leaving fewer spots for later applicants to confirm an interview (although there are always wait lists). But nowhere will it matter that your "track documents" appears as 9/17 instead of 9/15. I'm not even sure how that would translate to what programs see. If your application was in my queue on 9/15, I don't think an NRMP ID# update would change anything on my end.

Applicants please relax. There's no sense in worrying about anything you can't control or change. Programs have been through this before and we know how to review applications, even ones that aren't complete when we first look at them.

Reactions: 1 users
One more time, with feeling:

The ERAS opening date is NOT the deadline. Not for anyone. Some programs do have early deadlines (like Oct 1), and applicants need to pay attention to what program websites indicate their deadlines will be. And these days there is an advantage to applying early because more programs have started inviting earlier, leaving fewer spots for later applicants to confirm an interview (although there are always wait lists). But nowhere will it matter that your "track documents" appears as 9/17 instead of 9/15. I'm not even sure how that would translate to what programs see. If your application was in my queue on 9/15, I don't think an NRMP ID# update would change anything on my end.

Applicants please relax. There's no sense in worrying about anything you can't control or change. Programs have been through this before and we know how to review applications, even ones that aren't complete when we first look at them.