Updating schools with a pub: accepted vs. actual copy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jkm07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my lab's manuscript was accepted for publication recently, and I was wondering when would be the best time to submit that update letter. A couple of weeks ago I wrote to schools saying that we were optimistic about the final outcome etc, among other things like course grades. Right now I'm on a couple of WLs with 0 acceptances.

The issue here is whether I wait until it is actually published and relay a doi (so I'm not making stuff up) or go ahead and say 'IT'S ACCEPTED AND PLEASE ACCEPT ME TOOOOO!!'

I'm also aware that May 15th is coming up in two weeks..

Any suggestions? Fanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If I'm not mistaken it takes several months from notice of acceptance to actual publication. You should update the schools now saying your paper is "in press" which is pretty much the same thing.

So my lab's manuscript was accepted for publication recently, and I was wondering when would be the best time to submit that update letter. A couple of weeks ago I wrote to schools saying that we were optimistic about the final outcome etc, among other things like course grades. Right now I'm on a couple of WLs with 0 acceptances.

The issue here is whether I wait until it is actually published and relay a doi (so I'm not making stuff up) or go ahead and say 'IT'S ACCEPTED AND PLEASE ACCEPT ME TOOOOO!!'

I'm also aware that May 15th is coming up in two weeks..

Any suggestions? Fanks!

Mine was accepted for publication in June 2010 and did not appear in the journal until Feb. 2011. So I don't think you should wait until it is actually published. Just go ahead and tell them it is accepted for publication :thumbup:.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was accepted for publication in June 2010 and did not appear in the journal until Feb. 2011. So I don't think you should wait until it is actually published. Just go ahead and tell them it is accepted for publication :thumbup:.

agreed. No need to wait til it's actually out.

Don't wait! Congrats on the publication.