UPDATING WAMC: cGPA _____ sGPA _____– AA Female URM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exxodus

Reaction score
Will be updated when I receive everything and things will change.

WAMC cGPA _____ sGPA ______ – AA Female URM

MCAT: _____ Lizzy Score: _____

RESIDENCY: NY (attended all schools in NYC)

First generation student that struggled to pay college with family help and thus low gpa.

Research:

Posters (2) will be 3 as I’ll be continuing research. Not sure about the total hours probably 500 since it was over two years since started November 2018- June 2019 and new research from November 2019- present.

Hospital Volunteering

A little over 500 hours volunteering at two different hospitals. I have leadership in one of them as a trainer and the other I’ll be starting PA shadowing through a program and make connections with doctors.

No clinical Volunteering:

Volunteer with a program that helps underfunded high school students that are mostly URM about their health (very informative recommend if your state/ school has this program join it! PM me for info). Started in Fall 2018 and I’m still in it. Had to take a break last semester because of class schedule but I was active. I have about 300-400 hours and counting.

Club Relations:

Became the treasurer of a URM club in college and this 2020 spring semester I was elected as the President. We held a seminar in which we raised over $25,000 in funds for children’s education in Pakistan. Had speakers that worked for the UN, an ambassador, and other people of influential organizations.

Employment Summary:

Interned at a medical facility as administrative and marketing assistant (minor in business administration).

Worked at nonessential places in the beginning of college as well.

Tutored children from elementary to middle school throughout college.

Finalized List of Schools

Not trying to apply to DO schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Status of networking? Have you talked to student services/diversity administrators and admissions recruiters at highly desired schools? Any networking with current students through AMSA or SNMA?

No bets or school lists without an official MCAT result, and practice scores are meaningless. That said, GPA is too low for Ivy schools for sure without some prior connection.

Activities on face value look great. Make sure you get help with all anticipated essays including the "diversity essay" which is separate from your PS, especially after networking.

Find about your eligibility for discounted costs for MCAT and the fee assistance for AMCAS and AACOMAS. I hope if you are eligible that you got a discount on your MCAT tutoring.
Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
It si not possible to give an accurate list with your GPA and no MCAT score. Post your actual score here in the future and I will suggest schools based on your score and GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
It si not possible to give an accurate list with your GPA and no MCAT score. Post your actual score here in the future and I will suggest schools based on your score and GPA.

Okay. Thank you for the feed back. I’m still doing some classes too so my gpa will probably change as well. I’ll tag you in it.

Status of networking? Have you talked to student services/diversity administrators and admissions recruiters at highly desired schools? Any networking with current students through AMSA or SNMA?

No bets or school lists without an official MCAT result, and practice scores are meaningless. That said, GPA is too low for Ivy schools for sure without some prior connection.

Activities on face value look great. Male sure you get help with all anticipated essays including the "diversity essay" which is separate from your PS, especially after networking.

Find about your eligibility for discounted costs for MCAT and the fee assistance for AMCAS and AACOMAS. I hope if you are eligible that you got a discount on your MCAT tutoring.
Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Yeah I know that gpa is hella low for ivys but I just placed them there as filler since I want to apply to a Mac of 27 schools so that’s where the DO will probably go.

I have been talking to some faculty by getting my name out there and such if that’s what you’re talking about in terms of connections.

Sad to say I don’t know what those acronyms mean...

I was lucky enough to find a tutor (Columbia med) who is tutoring me on a VERY generous discount so that’s good. I am actually going to talk to her former med school coach and see how that goes as well.

I already go to the writing center at my school where you get faculty or masters students to help you with the essays and stuff.

Sad to say I don’t know what those acronyms mean...

Consider it homework (it shouldn't be that hard). It's important that you do for the context of medical school student organizations. They will be your professional peers and will be vital in your future direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.