1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Updating your application

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by xTiggerx, Nov 14, 2005.

1. xTiggerx

xTiggerx Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forum!! *waves* So I've been working for the last two months in research and would like to update my application at various schools to include this bit of information... but I'm not sure how to do this? Does anybody know? Thanks for your help! :oops:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. willow18

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I had to update my application with 8 EC's that I forgot/didnt know to put on my application. I called a couple of schools, they said to write a letter.... I put them in "AMCAS style", i.e, look how the amcas lists EC's, and do it in that format...

4. xTiggerx

xTiggerx Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    How should I go about phrasing the letter? "Dear Admissions Office" or "To whom it may concern" or do I need to address a person?

Sorry for asking lame questions.. just want to save myself from sounding stupid on a letter that will go in my file so I'll just sound stupid here =)

5. willow18

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Don't feel stupid, I was 'agonizing' over that as well. I did Dear Admissions Office for some, and Dear Admissions Committee for others. Both are fine, I think.

6. LizzyM

LizzyM the evil queen of numbers
    Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    If you really want to look as if you've done your homework, address the envelope to the Dean of Admissions by name. This means a separate letter to every school but it shows that you care and that you've taken the time. The Dean will put the letter in your file and the adcom will see it and they'll see that you took the time to figure out the Dean's name.