Updating your file

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dragonfly411

Megalagrion jugarum
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been complete at several schools for many weeks now, and I'd like to provide the adcoms with updated information that may enhance my file. Does anyone know whether I can simply send an e-mail or regular mail to each school with this info? Or must I ask the school whether I can add extra information before I actually send it?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it too early to be sending the schools update letters?

I would not email them, but snail mail it. Others may disagree, but it seems more professional to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dragonfly411 said:
I have been complete at several schools for many weeks now, and I'd like to provide the adcoms with updated information that may enhance my file. Does anyone know whether I can simply send an e-mail or regular mail to each school with this info? Or must I ask the school whether I can add extra information before I actually send it?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

If it's worthy, send it now. I sent it by both email and snailmail. About 30% of the schools sent me an email back to the effect of "Thanks for the update, we'll print your email and put it in your file."

what are u guys sending them? transcripts? publiccations?

davedavedave said:
what are u guys sending them? transcripts? publiccations?

I sent in my summer school grades. Publications would be a good thing as well.