1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UPenn '06/housing

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by wertheij, Apr 3, 2002.

1. wertheij

wertheij Junior Member

Hi Everyone!
    I'm new here and I will be a student at Penn in the fall and was wondering who else was
    going to Penn? :) What are you all doing about housing? I live about half hour from Philly,
    but don't know much about apartments there. Is anyone thinking about living in the dental
    house or know anything about what it's like to live there? Anyone looking for a female
    roommate?
    -Jaclyn

2. camelion1

camelion1 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Jaclyn. I am going to Penn next year. I plan on living in an apartment on the outskirts of campus close to center city.

Joel

3. Vandymac

Vandymac Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey Camelion,
    Thanks for those suggestions. I think I'll be choosing one of those for next year. I was wondering, however, when I should come and reserve one? Do they have a good number of openings for those of us starting the lease in August and should I come earlier like May to reserve one?
    Thanks again

4. camelion1

camelion1 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Vandy I'd come early to try and reserve one. Maybe call the places up to see what is available now and what will be available then. You can find the numbers through the offcampus housing on Penn's website if you don't already have the numbers. Let me know if and when you are coming to town. Maybe we could grab a beer.

5. Vandymac

Vandymac Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks man. I will probably be coming to Philly sometime in mid May to look around. I'll let you know and we can definitely meet up for a Yuengling if you're around.

6. sanara

sanara Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi Jaclyn,

I'll be going to Penn in the fall and have been concerned about housing options too. I live in Los Angeles and don't think I'll be able to make another trip out East before school starts.

I considered both the dental house and the grad housing in the Sansom Grad Towers behind the bookstore. Nobody seemed to recommend the dental house so I finally decided on the grad towers.

I picked a 2 bedroom unit and they're going to assign me a random roommate if I don't recommend one. I sent my application in a couple days ago. But I'd love to hear from you if you're considering the grad towers.

7. wertheij

wertheij Junior Member

Hey Sanara,
    Thanks for the information. Do you know how far Sansom is from the dental school? I'd definitely be interested in living there if it's not a far walk. You said you got a 2 bedroom right? Does it come with a kitchen and/or bathroom? What is the rent?
    How did you find otu about reserving a place because nobody sent me any info about that?
    Anyway, I live only about an hour from Philly so I would live either on or off-campus, but I don't want to live in an apt alone, at least for the first year, which is why I was opting for on of the on-campus options until I can find someone to live off-campus with the next year or something.
    -Jaclyn