Upenn acceptance for 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

G.P

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello ,
Starting this thread a little prematurely :D but i just had my interview yesterday and we were told to expect our acceptances ( "we"implies the elite chosen who do get accepted and have been interviewed in september and october). So those of you as soon as you get your fedex ,get back to your laptops and let all of us know :) .I can write wth complete confidence your gesture and your joy will be shared by each of us.Thanks .

Members don't see this ad.

hi G.P,
did they say that they are sending the acceptances soo or did they say that they will be sending by end of october.i called them up and they said they will only send by oct end.did they tell u anything different.
thanks

G.P said:
Hello ,
Starting this thread a little prematurely :D but i just had my interview yesterday and we were told to expect our acceptances ( "we"implies the elite chosen who do get accepted and have been interviewed in september and october). So those of you as soon as you get your fedex ,get back to your laptops and let all of us know :) .I can write wth complete confidence your gesture and your joy will be shared by each of us.Thanks .

Hey,
Sorry forgot to write "to expect our acceptances by 1st week of november!!".Hope that answers your question Arvind.Good luck,I predict :cool: you will receive a fedex in the first week of november :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
i believe that they will start sending letters earlier... if they haven't start sending them already..

:confused: Why do you think so emsi??just wondering whether you know something we dont.Cause thats what we were told yesterday that to expect fedexes by 1st week of november IF we were accepted.

no, i don`t know anything guys.. i'm just guessing... of course, if i learn something i will post it here..

can you folks tell me what your scores were and also the minimum score of the students so far interviewed. I scored 82 and have MPH degree. any chance at all that i will be accepted?

denzel,search the forum everyone's scores are in one thread or another.Read the threads you will get an idea what to expect but no one really knows what exactly they want except that you must be a good fit for their school.We were told by the student who had taken us for the tour that they rarely accept scores lesser than 85 .But dont believe that ,confirm it from a proper source.Good luck.

when i had my interview, dr lopez said that when you see an outstanding applicant they they send him an acceptance letter right away in a week or something. i dont know if any of the 1st patch interviewees got that.

Denzel, if you are Indian you are probably better off taking the boards again or looking elsewhere.

I had also heard that "Outstanding candidates" are informed immediately about their selection.The fact that Arvind has not yet got a letter is indicative of the weightage they put on the interview.Coz if 98 in Part I does not make out an outstanding candidate what does?This does not mean that I am implying that Arvind did not fare well in his interview.

I am also sure that he will receive a Fedex in 1st week of Nov.So Arvind keep a money order for USD 5000 payable to Trustees of University of Pennsylvania ready!

Keep the faith guys ,hopefully we will know soon. :thumbup: :luck: .

hi,
well i am not sure too what there definition of outstanding is.anyways i thought i did my interview well.
we need to wait till oct end for the fedex.keep our fingers crossed.but i am sure abt one thing that part 1 score is not a major criterion for UPENN. they look at your overall performance in interview and other credentials.
all the best for people who are waiting for UPENN results.

gpg said:
Denzel, if you are Indian you are probably better off taking the boards again or looking elsewhere.

I had also heard that "Outstanding candidates" are informed immediately about their selection.The fact that Arvind has not yet got a letter is indicative of the weightage they put on the interview.Coz if 98 in Part I does not make out an outstanding candidate what does?This does not mean that I am implying that Arvind did not fare well in his interview.

I am also sure that he will receive a Fedex in 1st week of Nov.So Arvind keep a money order for USD 5000 payable to Trustees of University of Pennsylvania ready!

Hi ,everyone.I receive my Penn acceptance two days ago.The leter came by FedEx.In case somebody wants to know my score..Part1-95...Part2-85....
Toefl273......GPA 3.74 :luck: Good luck to evryone.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi mariya,
congratulations.could you please tell me when u had attended the interview in UPENN.
mariyaBG said:
Hi ,everyone.I receive my Penn acceptance two days ago.The leter came by FedEx.In case somebody wants to know my score..Part1-95...Part2-85....

mariyaBG said:
Congrats mariyaBG,
Goodluck and lets hope others waiting will get their fedexes soon.At least a start here :D . :thumbup: :thumbup:

Congrats mariya, BTW which country are you from and when did u attend the interview?

My Penn interview was on 22 Sept

aravind buddula said:
hi,
well i am not sure too what there definition of outstanding is.anyways i thought i did my interview well.
we need to wait till oct end for the fedex.keep our fingers crossed.but i am sure abt one thing that part 1 score is not a major criterion for UPENN. they look at your overall performance in interview and other credentials.
all the best for people who are waiting for UPENN results.
Hi,
i think u r doing MPH, isnt it?. Can i ask u a question, when r u graduating and whether they asked u this question in the interview?. U must be thinking why i am asking this, cos what i learnt from Upenn is that, they r concerned about dropping from the course and they dont expect you to do and not every univeristy thinks in that way.

All the best

International

hi,
yes i am doing my MPH and i knew that UPENN is concerned about people dropping the course.i told them that i would complete once iam done with DMD(my MPH).infact i am planning to complete my MPH once i am done with DMD.
i will gradute may be in dec 2005 if i continue MPH as i am left with a lot fo course work.
I think my MPH(I MEAN NOT COMPLETING) should be the only reason why UPENN should reject my application as i have good credentials and candidacy.
but i am still keeping my fingers crossed though i know that my chances of getting into UPENN is low.
anyways god knows what is there real criterion for selecting candidates.

international said:
Hi,
i think u r doing MPH, isnt it?. Can i ask u a question, when r u graduating and whether they asked u this question in the interview?. U must be thinking why i am asking this, cos what i learnt from Upenn is that, they r concerned about dropping from the course and they dont expect you to do and not every univeristy thinks in that way.

All the best

International

congrats mariya.
so wht are planning to take upenn or tufts? i am thinking penn ofcourse :D

aravind buddula said:
hi,
yes i am doing my MPH and i knew that UPENN is concerned about people dropping the course.i told them that i would complete once iam done with DMD(my MPH).infact i am planning to complete my MPH once i am done with DMD.
i will gradute may be in dec 2005 if i continue MPH as i am left with a lot fo course work.
I think my MPH(I MEAN NOT COMPLETING) should be the only reason why UPENN should reject my application as i have good credentials and candidacy.
but i am still keeping my fingers crossed though i know that my chances of getting into UPENN is low.
anyways god knows what is there real criterion for selecting candidates.

Hi,
I wish you all the best

International

hey guys,

i recd my fedex on Oct'13th!
i interviewed on sept 24 & i m a re-applicant. was on wait list last yr.

good luck to everyone else waiting, i have doen that twice so i know how HARD it is!!

smiledentist :D

sorry guys,
i had put in interview schedule wrongly!! as in i got a phone call from Penn on sept 24th if i was free to interview on Oct 1st & then acceptance on 13th Oct. initially they had sent me a letter for Dec 2nd.

smiledentist

smiledentist said:
hey guys,

good luck to everyone else waiting, i have doen that twice so i know how HARD it is!!

congrats Mariya!!!!! :)

Aravind, dont get disheartened!!!you will get your acceptance letter soon.hope for the best!!!

congrats to smiledentist too!!!

Cleo said:
congrats to smiledentist too!!!

Congrats!to all u guys for acceptance to UPENN.
good job!! :thumbup:

hi cleo,
well i am not disheartened to be frank.becos people did warn about the MPH thing before going to UPENN.my friends told me that they are very particular whether the applicants complete their MPH or not.so in the past had and right now i have little hopes about getting an admission in UPENN.
anyways still hoping for a miracle becos i find no other reason for them to reject my application.
i made it very clear in the interview that i will not be able to complete my MPH before april 2005.i think they are not happy about that.but will keep my fingers crossed till i get an acceptance/rejection letter.
thanks cleo
take care
Cleo said:
congrats Mariya!!!!! :)

Aravind, dont get disheartened!!!you will get your acceptance letter soon.hope for the best!!!

congrats mariya and smiledent!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :)
mandakki

Congrats Mariya and Smiledentist!!!
Great news....
Aravind, I wish you the very best....hope u hear from them soon...
best wishes to all the others I've missed, waiting to hear from Upenn.

smiledentist said:
hey guys,

Congrats .Hope the good news keeps pouring in!! :luck: :thumbup:

Thank you so much Cleo, Elementz,G.P, Mandakki, Aquafresh!

G.P said:
Congrats .Hope the good news keeps pouring in!! :luck: :thumbup:

Hi smiledentist.. do you remember me. this is Sola who were in the same boat.
We waited the call together from penn.
it is good for you to get acceptance.
Congratulation

I also have a interview schedule in Nov 19.

I hope I will get fedex like you.

good for you, smile...

congrats mariya and smiledentist....

well done :thumbup:

hoping that others wud join you soon..

bluebirdy :)

hi smiledentist....
can you write your scores.?
what was added to your previous application?

hi guys.........
congrats guys!!!!!! gr8 scores.........smiledentist, mariya, G.P Aravind buddala everyone who got interviewed in upenn. Hope for the best guys........ iam sure u'll all b accepted.

thx a lot
cheers
sharmila

smiledentist said:
Thank you so much Cleo, Elementz,G.P, Mandakki, Aquafresh!
Congrats smiledentist and Mariya! :D

G.P said:
Hello ,

HELLO G.P.,
how`s yr interview??????????
as we got our interview on 16ht sep.but still we didnt received any reply.finally we called to UPENN. they said u may got on this month ending or it will b on nov or first week of dec.But as i heard that few got acceptance so i m worrid abt mine acceptance.

as i got 96 in part 1, but GOD knows wat they want from us????????????? :confused:

pips-chiks said:
HELLO G.P.,
as we got our interview on 16ht sep.but still we didnt received any reply.finally we called to UPENN. they said u may got on this month ending or it will b on nov or first week of dec.But as i heard that few got acceptance so i m worrid abt mine acceptance.

as i got 96 in part 1, but GOD knows wat they want from us????????????? :confused:

Patience...... is a thing one should never run-out off in a lifetime.... That day will come soon! You will make it pal....
good luc
UABDentist

smiledentist said:
hey guys,

congratulations to smiledentist :luck:

I m waiting too for my fedex.............let`s hope for the best :laugh:

pips-chiks said:
HELLO G.P.,

Hi,
Had a nice interview but i think what Upenn looks for are students who are receptive (to learning and unlearning inspite of their clinical experience in their home countries)and a good fit for their school ,they have a good program but they are very fair like giving everyone a chance e.g people who have applied before and have done much in between to be even better candidates.So if you hear from them its gr8 and if i dont hear from them it means destiny has different things planned!! We were told to expect letters in the 1 st week of november.Keep the faith ,and lets hope for the best. :thumbup:

Just for the record ;) ,
One more acceptance for Upenn -UPSY1 Congrats!!

means upsy got into upenn. :)
congrats buddy.

congrats upsy!
way to go..... :thumbup:

thanx a lot for the wishes everyone!
hoping & praying that all those who r waiting get their good news soooon! :thumbup:

my stats r put in sanju's thread of acceptance.

smiledentist

pips-chiks said:
congratulations to smiledentist :luck:

I m waiting too for my fedex.............let`s hope for the best :laugh: