Upenn acceptance for 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wish i had Nolls.But i am destined to attend boston i guess.Yes i reapplied this year with improvement in my score, started my dental assistant job etc etc.But finally i din't understand what else i was supposed to do after all the improvements.

Atleast i know i can start my regular life and no more waiting!!! Yes guys i dont think anyone else is going to get their acceptnaces from the 2nd batch.

-pallavi rakesh

Nolls said:
I havent recieved anything yet, but I am sure its going to a rejection. If it was fedex, it would have come by now. I dintknow that you cannot apply to UPENN third time. How are the chances for seconf time?

I thought Pallvai Rakesh had reapplied this year and got an accpetance!
Correct me if I am worng, Pallavi, have you posted for somebody else?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi buddies,
I also recieved an acceptance from penn, n i couldn't post as i was busy in my thesis defence. I was interviewed on 1st dec...
good luck for all those who r still waiting. :thumbup: :thumbup:

DMAT said:
Hi buddies,
I also recieved an acceptance from penn, n i couldn't post as i was busy in my thesis defence. I was interviewed on 1st dec...
good luck for all those who r still waiting. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi,
Congrats! :thumbup: ..It was nice meeting you on dec1st!..So where are you gonna join? is it Bu or UPenn?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to the DMD class of 2009! I just wanted to say howdy to all my future Penn classmates.

i recieved rejection letter from UPEN on saturday

best of luck for all who are still waiting

hi all, i have been placed in alternate position.is anyone in same position.or anyone have idea about how it works

Finally it came today, got my rejection. Good luck for the rest of you.

hey guys
i am on the alternate list at upenn

UPSY1 said:
Hi Tasha,
Can you tell us more information about the summer program at UPENN( when starts, how long it is, what will we study, how many classes) and the regular classes (how many exams are, when we start to practice, how many classes, what it is the schedule)
Thanks.

Hey there!!!! :)

First of all, I am SO SORRY for the delay, we have been having exams and I was a little tied up.. plus you have quite a few questions :p :p and I wanted to wait till I was completely free to answer them adequately. So here goes..

The summer program starts from the first day you join Penn, somewhere in mid-April. It will go on until july, and then half the class will go on a much needed vacation for a month while the other half goes to clinic after a two week clinical "crash course". Then that half goes on vacation while the rest come back and join clinics through August.

During the crash course, the professors will review all the subjects that were covered for the first and second year regular students. There will be no exams and its probably the best three months I had here at Penn... its a good chance to get to know your classmates.

The regular class begins in September. Each subject has a midterm and final and there are 18 exams in all.. the final year has no exams, no theory classes, its one year of pure patient work. The 3rd year, you have class or an exam everyday from 8-10 and then clinics from 10-1 and 2-5. I think I covered all your questions.. :)

Nolls, I was very disappointed to hear about your letter... I'm sorry, but I think Penn's loss is another schools gain. :) Keep your spirits up, girl! :thumbup:

Tasha

I received 8 messages asking me about the same thing.. THE INTERVIEW!!!! :scared:

I think posting a reply here will be more helpful than individual private posts.

There's not much prep needed, I went crazy going through the site for info, but honestly, nothing can quite prepare you for the interview except a determination to be as honest as you can. The questions asked can come right out of the blue, and its more an informal chat so its hard to really say what to be ready for. Be pleasant, respectful, confident and honest. Stay calm, its a test of how much grace under fire you possess, and everybody's watching to see that. Don't worry about the scores, we have such a big range of scores, honestly, there are fewer 90s in my class than in BU. If you're at the interview and you have a 79, you are equal to a 98 in their eyes, just let your personality shine through and you'll be fine. I'm taking the tour on Feb 3rd... anyone from here coming that day?

I"m on alternative list too. Does anybody knows how many is on alternative list? It sounds for me like "kind rejection"...

ToTaLLy_TaSha said:
Hey there!!!! :)

The summer program starts from the first day you join Penn, somewhere in mid-April. It will go on until july, and then half the class will go on a much needed vacation for a month while the other half goes to clinic after a two week clinical "crash course". Then that half goes on vacation while the rest come back and join clinics through August.

During the crash course, the professors will review all the subjects that were covered for the first and second year regular students. There will be no exams and its probably the best three months I had here at Penn... its a good chance to get to know your classmates.

The regular class begins in September. Each subject has a midterm and final and there are 18 exams in all.. the final year has no exams, no theory classes, its one year of pure patient work. The 3rd year, you have class or an exam everyday from 8-10 and then clinics from 10-1 and 2-5. I think I covered all your questions.. :)

Tasha

Attagirl!!!
thanksss a ton fr taking ur time off to write that informative post..!And thanks for the person who shot those questions! :luck:
This is exaclty wat i wanted to know....:)

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys,
i have also been given an alternate status. Totally Tasha i would like to know if there are any students who were accepted from the alternate list in your batch or your senior batches. that would give us hopefuls a vague idea of what to expect.
GOOD LUCK to all!

Any time, Callous! Looking forward to working with you soon. :) Hi Pearl, in my batch there are no students from the alternate list. This is because no one who was accepted turned the offer down. If someone did, then people get called off the list, one by one. If you're not by your phone when you get the call, they will go on to the next person. So make sure you're entirely accessible and the phone number you give is a cell that's on you all the time. We do have in our class a number of people who were on the alternate list LAST year. Apparently, re-applying after you've been on the alternate list gives you a brighter chance the following year.

hi
Thanks a lot for the useful information...I am sure it'll help all those who r keeping their eyes on Upenn...
Thanks again :thumbup:

Thank you Tasha for all the information.Well I'm going to India in January and i wanted to know one another thing. Can i give my sister's phone number, or is it a rule that i have to answer the phone myself?

Thanks again.

Hello everyone,
Just wanted you all to know that i finally got an acceptance from Bu :) ,i started this thread hoping to get an acceptance in upenn ,but that seems like a loong time ago :oops: .The waiting ,the waitlist options and the uncertainity has been soo trying the past few months and i lost all hopes for an acceptance this year.But right now i feel truly happy to receive this acceptance.I know quite a few of my sdn friends follow this thread and wanted them to know this.Thank you guys for being encouraging thru this tedious journey.For all those waiting there is definitely lots of hope . :thumbup: .Good luck .G.P

Hey G.P.

Heartiest congrats. BU in hand is much better than Upenn in bush.....just a little play on words.

Pearlindia, are you on wait list at UPenn? When did you interview? What are your stats please? Where in India are you from?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you.

Thanks gpg and i totally agree with the 'play of on words" ;)

Hi gpg,
yeah i'm on the alternate list at Upenn.My stats are part1 91,part2 88,toefl 257 & gpa 3.74 (wes).I was interviewed on 18th nov.
I'm from Bangalore.where in the admn process are you?
All the best.

Hello Pearlindia, I was at Upenn in nov 18th too. And I'm on alternative list tooo.

Hi Dantis,
if you would tell me your nationality i would be able to recognize you. Or you could Pm me.Congratulations!

Good luck.

thanks dentaldoc for ur wishes, i will hopefully join BU, but yet to make finall decision.
good luck for those who r still waiting :thumbup:

aravind buddula said:
hi,
i called UPENN and they said that they are sending the last set of acceptance letters on monday.
may be we can hear from them on tuesday.
still unable to understand what their criterion for selection is.anyways will have to keep our fingers crossed.i had a lot of hope that i would be accepted but the thing that they expect students to finish their MPH before they get into the course made me lose all the hopes.now i think i hardly have any chance getting into UPENN.
anyways will wait till tuesday.

hi arvind,
i am srinivas. i am in niu doing mph. i came to know about u from a lot of my friends here. they say that u r the best person whom i could contact to get info. well, i got an interview from nyu on 24th feb. before going there i would like to speak with u. could u please call me or give me ur number so that i could contact u. my number is 815-793-0333. please do cell me. thanks a lot.

hi srinivas,
I called you up but u were not at home.i left my number with ur friend.
call me after 9pm anyday.
take care
arvind
1star said:
hi arvind,
i am srinivas. i am in niu doing mph. i came to know about u from a lot of my friends here. they say that u r the best person whom i could contact to get info. well, i got an interview from nyu on 24th feb. before going there i would like to speak with u. could u please call me or give me ur number so that i could contact u. my number is 815-793-0333. please do cell me. thanks a lot.

Hi,

Has anyone who interviewd at Penn in the month of Jan/feb heard from them yet??????Did anyone call the school and talk to cathy or cindy?
I heard that they inform 2 month batches at a time ..
that is sept &oct ..nov &dec and now jan&feb...
Kindly post if you have heard anything from penn
GN

Hi,
Anyone hear anything yet? Are they mailing it out today?..or monday?
Thanks
GN :thumbup:

Hi All,

The acceptances were mailed out yesterday and the waitlist will be mailed out today at UPenn. So All who are accepted should hear from them TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Lcuk guys and God Bless ya'll

UAB

UABDentist said:
Hi All,

The acceptances were mailed out yesterday and the waitlist will be mailed out today at UPenn. So All who are accepted should hear from them TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UAB
hi
Has anybody got the fedex?

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to wish "ALL THE BEST" to all SDN friends waiting for U Penn results.
Health

Its already 10.30 here..that means now i have to wait for my rejection :(
good luck to everybody

UABDentist said:
Hi All,

UAB

I am biting my knuckles........

rahmed

Hi there,
Anybody knows how the results were sent, Priority overnight (shoud get by 10:30 am) or priority standard (3:00pm)?Thanks.
health

rahmed said:
I am biting my knuckles........

rahmed

Anyone got FedEx yet

rahmed

nobody got acceptance yet? I think people r busy calling their friends and relatives..please spare 5 min to post ur acceptance so that we could divert our minds to something else :(
Thanks and congrats to those who have received their acceptances

Is it a priority overnight fedex or priority standard fedex........... based on that we can wait till 3.00 pm today............
Anyways, Good luck guys.
dentocure

[hey anyone got fedex yet :confused:

Hi people...
you can get to know if you'r getting the FEDEX or not....by simply calling fedex and asking

1-800-go fedex

Then say track a package
Say dont know for the tracking #
At the customer support tell them that you'r expecting a package from Upenn and wanted to know if there is a scheduled delivery today for your Name/ Address/ Zip code

There is none for me... Makes my axienty fall to zero and depression slowly rise up...

I can feel the rejction all within me...
I want to keep my hopes till evening.....but now trying to convince myself to accept the fact sooner.. You guys know what I mean. You all do I guess~

Hope the acceptances are to the well deserved!
Take care guys...I need to stop thinking about it....I must. But I cant. And Im scared to log on to SDN to see people's acceptances. I keep telling my self... Some one wins only when someone loses... guess its all a part of the game.. the struggle and our lives~

Take care once again....
I love you all at SDN!

UABDentist said:
Hi people...
you can get to know if you'r getting the FEDEX or not....by simply calling fedex and asking

1-800-go fedex

Then say track a package
Say dont know for the tracking #
At the customer support tell them that you'r expecting a package from Upenn and wanted to know if there is a scheduled delivery today for your Name/ Address/ Zip code

There is none for me... Makes my axienty fall to zero and depression slowly rise up...

I can feel the rejction all within me...
I want to keep my hopes till evening.....but now trying to convince myself to accept the fact sooner.. You guys know what I mean. You all do I guess~

Hope the acceptances are to the well deserved!
Take care guys...I need to stop thinking about it....I must. But I cant. And Im scared to log on to SDN to see people's acceptances. I keep telling my self... Some one wins only when someone loses... guess its all a part of the game.. the struggle and our lives~

Take care once again....
I love you all at SDN!

Well I am heartbroken. No FedEx....BUT

would it be toooo premature to say no one got the FedEx today. I am going by the sound of silence in this thread. Or may be my self-comforting gesture will get the ball rolling.....and elated confessions will start to pour in, soon.............hush, do I hear the first footstep..... :confused: :confused:

rahmed

rahmed said:
Well I am heartbroken. No FedEx....BUT

would it be toooo premature to say no one got the FedEx today. I am going by the sound of silence in this thread. Or may be my self-comforting gesture will get the ball rolling.....and elated confessions will start to pour in, soon.............hush, do I hear the first footstep..... :confused: :confused:

rahmed
i just can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!no one got it sooo far????i'm still waiting and it's 4:45p.m. already!!!!!!!!!!is it possible for fedex to not be soo prompt with their deliveries.i'm even thinking of waiting until tommorow!!!!!!

blacktooth said:
i just can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!no one got it sooo far????i'm still waiting and it's 4:45p.m. already!!!!!!!!!!is it possible for fedex to not be soo prompt with their deliveries.i'm even thinking of waiting until tommorow!!!!!!
hi black tooth are u sure that they mailed the acceptance yesterday

dhkbal said:
hi black tooth are u sure that they mailed the acceptance yesterday
yes!i called them this morning.and they said they mailed it by fedex overnight yesterday ,so we should be getting them today!!!!!!!!!!!and the waitng list letters would have been mailed out today.

I think those who got the acceptances are not sdn members...how many of us on sdn are waiting to hear from upenn?

Hi...

I had also called the school. They said they fedexed it yesterday but strange that no one I know in SDN or my personal network got the Fedex.

I doubt that of the around 70 people who were interviewed (Jan & Feb batch) none of them are members of SDN....or say around 15 are members of SDN.....none of them chose to post their acceptance!!!! That I am not ready to believe. I always believe that we in SDN have been very helpful and had a sharing attitude and surely atleast one SDN member or someone known to them would have got accepted and they would have posted it here.

I suggest that all of you call or email the students who were interviewed alongwith you. I know some STAR candidates who are still waiting for the FEDEX. I did not see any FEDEX Vans today!!!! May be they are on strike!!!! :confused:

PLEASE TRY TO FIND OUT IF ANYONE GOT THE FEDEX SO THAT WE CAN GET ON WITH OUR LIFE. THIS WAITING IS HURTING. :smuggrin:

Keep up the hope. I talked to some of my friends and they feel we will receive the fedex on Monday because no one got it today!!!

GUYS for now go out and enjoy your weekend. :)

GN

I am anxiouly waiting too! Can't believe none of us have got it either! Upenn is my last hope........

minaliu said:
I am anxiouly waiting too! Can't believe none of us have got it either! Upenn is my last hope........
i myself find it rather strange that nobody from sdn has received a fedex.i suspect something is wrong.

blacktooth said:
i myself find it rather strange that nobody from sdn has received a fedex.i suspect something is wrong.

But it can happen. Lets face it. 100+ interviewed in Jan-Feb cycle for 10 positions. Yes only 10 positions. The ratio is 1:10. so it can very well happen that all 10 selected candidates have nothing to do with SDN. We have to accept that there are 1000s of foreign trained dentists in USA just now and a good percentage of them are not SDN member.

Or No one got FedEx today and I will be proved completely wrong by Monday afternoon. :confused: :confused:

rahmed

Let us think for a moment that UPENN has decided not to call people from SDN[which is like saying that the sky is going to fall down on our head-ridiculous]... OK Now it's time to realize that a very SMALL percentage of SDN members use their names. though I tried all sinister methods to get the real names of members[opened up their websites basically], I am still trying to figure out what does minaliu mean[Minali perhaps?] However, I am clueless when it comes to Blacktooth,Health and Healthy-teeth. I don't think anyone of you would have mentioned in your application forms that you are a member of SDN. Even otherwise, SDN is a healthy[ and addictive grrr] community of students. So chill :D
All I want to say is == just wait a bit more for your letters.. and don't forget to send me some pastries when you get them ;)

AjayDas said:
Let us think for a moment that UPENN has decided not to call people from SDN[which is like saying that the sky is going to fall down on our head-ridiculous]... OK Now it's time to realize that a very SMALL percentage of SDN members use their names. though I tried all sinister methods to get the real names of members[opened up their websites basically], I am still trying to figure out what does minaliu mean[Minali perhaps?] However, I am clueless when it comes to Blacktooth,Health and Healthy-teeth. I don't think anyone of you would have mentioned in your application forms that you are a member of SDN. Even otherwise, SDN is a healthy[ and addictive grrr] community of students. So chill :D
All I want to say is == just wait a bit more for your letters.. and don't forget to send me some pastries when you get them ;)
so atlast i lost my hope coz as people said for fedex.but i didnt get my fedex.if is there anyone got fedex just send me messege