Upenn acceptance for 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi CallousK9,
Thanks for wishing for all of us (Penn hopeful's)...
..yes ..I hope atleast today we all get to know where we stand ..waitlisted/ rejected ....anything ..!!!.. :sleep:
We can all get on with the next phase I guess ..maybe repeating part 1/ taking part2 ..doing something to improve our application for the next cycle ..hopefully .. :thumbup:
GN

Callous K9 said:
Another day of bitten nails n surging emotions....hope ther is an answer tuday for all u folks!!all the best ,buddies..

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, All
Just added 2 more students to the growing list...
Hopefully we will get to hear something from penn today ..waitlisted/ rejected ...
Students waiting for something from penn .. :confused: :(
( any correspondence would do ..now ). = 33 STUDENTS!!!!!!!!!!
and still counting.........

shdentist
gujjudent
rahmed
blacktooth
minaliu
Gaura Nitai
healthy teeth
dhkbal
UABDentist
drtanujpuri
dentocure
Saira
Toothzone
yasi
dentyce
iamaj1
gorur
phillymoris
khyde
civil
Dentist3
toothcol
kkou1
KatieJune
Chrisoo
Jassi
Smile32
pips-chiks
amalgam72
muberrymolar
Folowing a dream
Persopolis
mogembo

Students on the alternate list( from nov/dec)
neha
mam2004
ayush
dantis
pearlindia

Thanks
GN

............I feel like upenn is one big lottery, they are very unpredictable,........... Also they make you feel very nice at the interview and you think you have done very well...........so guys this is not the end of the world, work hard and there are lots of other good schools which are waiting for you

Hi
I agree with you on all three counts

1) UPenn's unpredictability
2) lulling one into false sense of well being during interview
3) there are lots of other good schools

Still I feel they should give a convincing expalnation for rejection to all deserving candidates. by her own admission Ms Lopez reads the threads and interview feedback of SDN forum. I hope she reads about our anguish and candid views.

rahmed

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys,

Nothing in the mail today also...!!!..what can be said ....I just have nothing to say ..one more day of waiting .. :rolleyes:

Yes I think many of us are aware that that Dr. Lopez reads this site ..she told my batch also, and we all had a good laugh when she mentioned some very funny post .. :D
I feel it is good that she will read it ..that she is aware that so many penn hopefuls are actively participating in this forum ..I hope she wonders whom she sent the FEDEX's to ..???? :rolleyes: when all of us at SDN were so eagerly and anxiously waiting to hear from them..!!

I know some students from the last 2 batches..and they told me that they are really impressed that our batch that is jan& feb is really very commited to getting into penn........it is great to see so many students taking an active interest and posting their views..( If I was in Dr.Lopez place ..I will respect these students...and respect their commitment towards penn) and give the penn hopefulls a very convincing explanation ....and the very deserving of us a chance to pursue our dreams at penn. :thumbup:

Thanks
GN

rahmed said:
............I feel like upenn is one big lottery, they are very unpredictable,........... Also they make you feel very nice at the interview and you think you have done very well...........so guys this is not the end of the world, work hard and there are lots of other good schools which are waiting for you

Hi
I agree with you on all three counts

1) UPenn's unpredictability
2) lulling one into false sense of well being during interview
3) there are lots of other good schools

Still I feel they should give a convincing expalnation for rejection to all deserving candidates. by her own admission Ms Lopez reads the threads and interview feedback of SDN forum. I hope she reads about our anguish and candid views.

rahmed

Hi Guys,
Did anyone get any correspondence from penn? Any letters at all? :confused:
Do post...
Thanks
GN

Gaura Nitai said:
Hi Guys,
Do post...
Thanks
GN

Nothing so far...But mail hasn't arrived yet.

Gaura Nitai said:
Hi Guys,
Do post...
Thanks
GN

No UPenn letter came in my mailbox today. So I called up and Cindy informed me they are mailing some waitlist/rejection letters today and we can expect them by the end of the week.

rahmed

Has anybody tried to call and ask upenn what have they mailed to u..acceptance, rejection or waitlist? I mean dont they tell the result on phone...they should tell atleast that they have sent the fedex to the person calling or not( may be that person didn't receive the fedex because of any reason)...I know that there is no use waiting for the fedex now but our minds wont be stable until we see our rejection by our own eyes.. :(
Upenn should start telling the result on phone atleast now( after so much of waiting)
All those people who were waiting to hear from upenn please post here if you are joining any other school or will improve ur application and try for the next year. I am joining NYU this year. what about you guys?
Good luck to everybody :thumbup:
Take care

healthy teeth said:
Has anybody tried to call and ask upenn what have they mailed to u..acceptance, rejection or waitlist? I mean dont they tell the result on phone...they should tell atleast that they have sent the fedex to the person calling or not( may be that person didn't receive the fedex because of any reason)...I know that there is no use waiting for the fedex now but our minds wont be stable until we see our rejection by our own eyes.. :(
Upenn should start telling the result on phone atleast now( after so much of waiting)
All those people who were waiting to hear from upenn please post here if you are joining any other school or will improve ur application and try for the next year. I am joining NYU this year. what about you guys?
Good luck to everybody :thumbup:
Take care
well i didnt get any fedex today i think its so strange that not even a single sdn member got fedex.well still hope for it so twist ur finger for tomorrow

Hey Fedex Awaiters,

U can add me to ur list too . . . i'm also waiting for some news from penn. Well, for the rest of you who are waiting here's some consolation, I did call fedex and they said that ground delivery packages may take upto a week so u just never. . . Good luck! :)

sweetsmile said:
Hey Fedex Awaiters,

U can add me to ur list too . . . i'm also waiting for some news from penn. Well, for the rest of you who are waiting here's some consolation, I did call fedex and they said that ground delivery packages may take upto a week so u just never. . . Good luck! :)
thanks sweetsmile u gave good news to me so now i m having some more hopes for my fedex

gujjudent said:
thanks sweetsmile u gave good news to me so now i m having some more hopes for my fedex
oh come on now.! :rolleyes: : why would they send a letter by fedex ground??????:rolleyes: then our letter may as well come by regular mail.that would probablt be faster. :cool: well the point is:get real and stop mourning now ;) stop acting like a hindi movie actor/actress who imagines a dead hero returning with open arms out of nowhere :sleep:

sweetsmile said:
Hey Fedex Awaiters,

You serious??

rahmed

Members don't see this ad :)
I urge all you lovely SDners in wait for the Upenn Fedex, to stop fretting and breathe deeper. The eternal FEDEX would have been there by now... to those who deserved it... whether SDNers or not...should not matter to any of us. We didnt make it ....but we have not given up our pursuit for our goals. And that's what is more important.

Stop being paranoid, like Blacktooth said, just accept the fact and go on. Whether the rejection letter / Waitlist letter comes now or tomorrow or after a week...is not changing our fate. Dont lose today in thought of tomorrow people.... Forget about Upenn and do the other more important things in your life.

The heart is sore...and will heal in a while... but if you keep scraping it..it will only get more raw. You deserved better than Upenn...believe me you will thank god someday that you didnt make it to Upenn. Something better awaits you somewhere else... so make sure you try your bestest in every other chance that you're given!

Take care then, bye bye now!

I'm not trying to give anyone false hopes or anything . . . just sharing what i was told. I think that upenn sends fedexs rather than USP cuz then they have a confirmation of delivery of the letter. that's my logic . . .

blacktooth said:
stop acting like a hindi movie actor/actress who imagines a dead hero returning with open arms out of nowhere :sleep:

:laugh: sorry couldn't stop :laugh:

UABDentist said:
I urge all you lovely SDners in wait for the Upenn Fedex, to stop fretting and breathe deeper. The eternal FEDEX would have been there by now... to those who deserved it... whether SDNers or not...should not matter to any of us. We didnt make it ....but we have not given up our pursuit for our goals. And that's what is more important.

Stop being paranoid, like Blacktooth said, just accept the fact and go on. Whether the rejection letter / Waitlist letter comes now or tomorrow or after a week...is not changing our fate. Dont lose today in thought of tomorrow people.... Forget about Upenn and do the other more important things in your life.

The heart is sore...and will heal in a while... but if you keep scraping it..it will only get more raw. You deserved better than Upenn...believe me you will thank god someday that you didnt make it to Upenn. Something better awaits you somewhere else... so make sure you try your bestest in every other chance that you're given!

Take care then, bye bye now!

Way to go :thumbup:
Upenn gives lots of false hopes..Beleive me I have been through this recently...I don't understand why they call everyone for interview and even if we do well in the interview, they send us rejection letters :rolleyes:

Lopez seemed to be very impressed during my personal interview..she even told me SEE U SOON with a "happy" face..But guess what I got my rejection letter :thumbdown:

dentaldoc said:
Upenn gives lots of false hopes..Beleive me I have been through this recently...I don't understand why they call everyone for interview and even if we do well in the interview, they send us rejection letters :rolleyes:

Lopez seemed to be very impressed during my personal interview..she even told me SEE U SOON with a "happy" face..But guess what I got my rejection letter :thumbdown:
whats ur status dentaldoc and did u get admissio anywhere else

dentaldoc said:

Dentaldoc
I so much agree with what you say... I dont know why she would say that and not call you....thats wierd...
Well i was not told anything..and still I had hopes.. doesnt matter now though.. Im over it. I had a hunch that I will not make it...and it didnt take long to get prooved.

So which Univ are you joining DD?
Good day!

Hi Guys,

Any letters today anyone??? :rolleyes: :confused:

Thanks
GN

has anyone received any rejection/waitlist letter today ?

As Blacktooth and UAB DEntist said, i think all of you need to move on. I understand it is not easy doing this, but the more you try to deny the fact, the more it will hurt you.
let the day pass and look for tommorrow, for it is another day. The sun will rise again and shine on you.

dentaldoc said:

Ditto here! And in my case, all three of them seemed positive. The first one even gave me hints about what to say to "them" by lowering his voice and looking out to make sure nobody was listening to him! ( As if he wasn't one of "them") The other two almost gave me hints that they were impressed and were going to give me admission. Believe me, I'm not exaggerating at all. I always think thousands of times how I did and how they reacted etc.

This makes me very sad. I ALWAYS try not to give false hopes to ANYBODY evenif it is a very small thing. If they didn't say anything good, I would have understood. Anyways, I have to move on. Didn't get anything in mail today also. :(

I have to think what to do next..Had only apply to BU other than UPenn and haven't heard from them either.

Please share any ideas you have about what can I do next. It will REALLY help me.

MOGEMBO IS DUKHI(sad) and Mad TODAY :mad:

mogembo said:
Ditto here! And in my case, all three of them seemed positive. The first one even gave me hints about what to say to "them" by lowering his voice and looking out to make sure nobody was listening to him! ( As if he wasn't one of "them") The other two almost gave me hints that they were impressed and were going to give me admission. Believe me, I'm not exaggerating at all. I always think thousands of times how I did and how they reacted etc.

This makes me very sad. I ALWAYS try not to give false hopes to ANYBODY evenif it is a very small thing. If they didn't say anything good, I would have understood. Anyways, I have to move on. Didn't get anything in mail today also. :(

I have to think what to do next..Had only apply to BU other than UPenn and haven't heard from them either.

Please share any ideas you have about what can I do next. It will REALLY help me.

MOGEMBO IS DUKHI(sad) and Mad TODAY :mad:
everyone has same image.all students have good hope for upenn.but after all no one got fedex yet.isnt it strange? i think something is going wrong

gujjudent said:
everyone has same image.all students have good hope for upenn.but after all no one got fedex yet.isnt it strange? i think something is going wrong
o.k. maybe none of the sdn members was lucky to get a fedex.but even if they did mail the rejection/waitng list letters on friday,it's even more strange that none of us has received it so far!!!!how long does it normally take for letters to reach by regular mail.?????

blacktooth said:
o.k. maybe none of the sdn members was lucky to get a fedex.but even if they did mail the rejection/waitng list letters on friday,it's even more strange that none of us has received it so far!!!!how long does it normally take for letters to reach by regular mail.?????

Usually 1-2------3 days.

Today there is NO mail of any kind for me from UPenn. :mad: May be there is a conspiracy against SDN +pity+

V-E-R-Y-S-T-R-A-N-G-E. :confused: :confused: May be UPenn is in a mess and evrybody is taking :sleep: :sleep: after stressfull :rolleyes: 6 months.

rahmed

Okay, those who are waiting for rejects/waitlist letters.... I called today and she said that they mailed last batch of letters today. So, we should expect them before the end of this week.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Wow!!!!..everytime there is so much inconsistency with penn people giving out the information .!!!..when i called up on monday they told me that all the waitlist/ reject letters have been mailed...!!! :mad: :confused:
I hope they understand what a heart ache it is to wait for the results ..the least they can do is to be very prompt about informing students , instead of keeping us all waiting for all this while .... and giving different date's to all of us ..not that we are not trying to get on with our lives ..!! :sleep:

They are not consistent at all about their answers!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Thanks
GN

hi guys,
jst wanted to let u know i received my rejection letter today...so good luck to everyone else....

smile32 said:
hi guys,
jst wanted to let u know i received my rejection letter today...so good luck to everyone else....

Hi smile32

Thanks for the posting. Good Luck :thumbup:

rahmed

Hi smile 32,

Thanks for posting the information about penn.!!!
Wishing you the all the best . :thumbup:
Atleast we all got to know that things are kind of moving at penn..finally :rolleyes:
GN

smile32 said:
hi guys,

Gaura Nitai said:
Hi smile 32,

Thanks for posting the information about penn.!!!
Wishing you the all the best . :thumbup:
Atleast we all got to know that things are kind of moving at penn..finally :rolleyes:
GN

Hello Gaura Nitai,

I am also waiting to hear from UPENN. How many do you have on the list altogether? Any mail today? I can't believe that nobody except smile 32 - thank you for posting that - hasn't received anything. I am sure it is hard to instantly think of SDN if something arrives in the mail but "fellow waiters" please post if you receive anything. We all appreciate it.

Everybody out there waiting take care and lets hope for the best. :)

G.D.

Hi, All

Just added 2 more students to the growing list...
= 35 STUDENTS!!!!!!!!!!
and still counting.........
Sweetsmile and GoDMD ...welcome to list..!!..Nothing in my mail box yet..
Guys if you get to hear anything , kindly post your information..
All the best .. :luck:
GN

shdentist
gujjudent
rahmed
blacktooth
minaliu
Gaura Nitai
healthy teeth
dhkbal
UABDentist
drtanujpuri
dentocure
Saira
Toothzone
yasi
dentyce
iamaj1
gorur
phillymoris
khyde
civil
Dentist3
toothcol
kkou1
KatieJune
Chrisoo
Jassi
Smile32
pips-chiks
amalgam72
muberrymolar
Folowing a dream
Persopolis
mogembo
Sweetsmile
GoDMD

Students on the alternate list( from nov/dec)
neha
mam2004
ayush
dantis
pearlindia

Thanks
GN

GoDMD said:
Hello Gaura Nitai,

I am also waiting to hear from UPENN. How many do you have on the list altogether? Any mail today? I can't believe that nobody except smile 32 - thank you for posting that - hasn't received anything. I am sure it is hard to instantly think of SDN if something arrives in the mail but "fellow waiters" please post if you receive anything. We all appreciate it.

Everybody out there waiting take care and lets hope for the best. :)

G.D.

No mail for me either!

VERY strange and frustrating.

Mogembo

Hi guys,
wanted to tell u that the postmark date on env of my rejectoin letter says 7th of march n it is regular mail....so i guess people who r far frm philly will receive it little late....actually i'm quite near to city....so dont worry its jst matter of time!! good luck to all!!

smile32 said:
Hi guys,
wanted to tell u that the postmark date on env of my rejectoin letter says 7th of march n it is regular mail....so i guess people who r far frm philly will receive it little late....actually i'm quite near to city....so dont worry its jst matter of time!! good luck to all!!
in my interview dr lopez said me "SEE YOU SOON" and guess what i got my rejection letter today best of luck guys i m out of competition.my status is 93,240 and 3.36

gujjudent said:
in my interview dr lopez said me "SEE YOU SOON" and guess what i got my rejection letter today best of luck guys i m out of competition.my status is 93,240 and 3.36

I really wonder what is UPenn criteria? With your score if you are rejected then..... :confused:

No mail for me today either.

rahmed

rahmed said:
I really wonder what is UPenn criteria? With your score if you are rejected then..... :confused:

rahmed
man i dont know what they require `why nobody from sdn didnt get fedex in 2005

Thanks for posting gujjudent!!
I'm sure with your excellent stats ....you will get in somewhere .. :thumbup:
All the best to you ..

Nothing in my mail box today ....
Anyone heard anything?? ..Keep posting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GN

gujjudent said:

rahmed said:

rahmed

You know, I think they like diversity in the class. So, we, the sdners who are mostly from India didn't get in, since they've already selected many Indians from the previous batches.

Just a thought!

By the way, I didn't get anything in mail today :(

UABDentist said:
Dentaldoc
I so much agree with what you say... I dont know why she would say that and not call you....thats wierd...
Well i was not told anything..and still I had hopes.. doesnt matter now though.. Im over it. I had a hunch that I will not make it...and it didnt take long to get prooved.

So which Univ are you joining DD?
Good day!

Hi,

I don't have an acceptance till now..I was interviewed at NYU on feb 24th and Buffalo on march 4th..waitlisted in UCLA..so hopefully before April I will be knowing where I am going to end up, if at all I receive any acceptance :rolleyes:

hi,
finally i got my rejection letter today.all the best to all of u.

OK no letter for me today. Called up UPenn; Kathy confirmed 2 facts

1) all remaining waitlist/rejection letters were definitely mailed by Tuesday

2) all the candidates who were sent acceptance FedEx have already contacted the admission office

Her advice: If I don't receive anything in post by Monday then call her back witha a Fax number and she will Fax the letter....So anyone of us left high and dry on Monday knows what to do.

Thanks evrybody who made this the third largest viewed thread in our forum. It goes on to prove the interest across the board for UPenn. Good luck to all of us and lets move on. One last request...please post individual outcome in this thread before we bring a closer to UPenn 2005 chapter, as surely few waitlisted candidates will make it to UPenn Class of 2007. We all surely love to know them.

rahmed

hi everybody!
just got my rejection letter.good luck to everyone.!!!!!!!!bye!!!!!!!!

hey everyone,
finally the wait is over,got my rejection letter today :( and now I am looking forward for something good to happen to everyone of us.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US. :thumbup: :luck:
take care,
bye

mogembo said:
I also got my rejection letter. :(

that is sad mogembo
I wish you get accepted somewhere and than you can say
"MOGEMBO KHOOSH HUA"

Hey just kidding
I like your nickname and good luck for your admission

Received rejection letter to day by snail mail. Post mark on envelope March 7; second class mail 27 cent stamp.

rahmed

Today was my turn to Get rejection letter.