1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UPenn and Research/Academic Med

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CUMD, Apr 18, 2004.

1. CUMD

CUMD Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey all,

Does U-Penn covertly influence their students to pursue research and academic medicine? Any thoughts/opinions are much appreciated!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    you can ask neuronix about this. he is an md/phd student there. very helpful so toss him a PM or maybe he will see this soon.

if i remember correctly, and im not sure i do...but i think the answer would be no.

4. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I missed this post the first time, though we have the similar thread in Allo.

I just want to address this by saying, no! I don't think there's pressure on the part of the faculty to become an academic. I do think there is a certain amount of selection for future leaders in whatever field, be that health policy, finance, community service, etc, but they are happy to support your goals, whatever they may be.