Quantcast

UPENN Countdown Class of 2008

Clinical Shadowing Summer '22 Programs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

Since UPenn will be sending out its decisions in roughly 2-3 weeks, I decided to start a thread where we can voice our thoughts and express our undying devotion to UPenn. :love: The window of time given is March 6th - 10th, but it may be a bit later than then. Regardless, I wish everyone the best of luck. May we all be classmates this Fall! :clap:

Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will they send us an email as well to check our online status page or what? Too bad I lost my login info. Ah well.

Entol

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
By far, UPenn is my #1 choice too. I really hope we all get in, and if I do, I'd love to meet my future classmates here :)

-Entol

Entol

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gleevec
Will they send us an email as well to check our online status page or what? Too bad I lost my login info. Ah well.

I think that's what they said at the interviews. However, I don't know if they will concentrate on updating everyone's status page before they mail out letters or vice versa, so you might get a status page update and get a letter a week later or get the letter and then a week later get the email to check your status page.

-Entol

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Gleevec, if UPenn gave you one of their full tuition scholarships, would you consider going? That way, if I am accepted :)crosses fingers:), I will know a cool classmate already.

Entol-

I really hope you get in too! Did you send a letter of intent? Make sure UPenn knows that they are your #1 choice! :)

felipe5

Fingerpickin' Good
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH the suspense is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I check my status page everyday just in case.........i'm such a dork :horns:

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey felipe5!

I was hoping you would post. How are you doing? This wait compounded with the wait for my final decision letter from UCLA is driving me bananas! :scared:

Entol

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ah, yes I sent the letter of intent along with grade updates, information about an abstract, everything! I am so impressed with this school!

-Entol

felipe5

Fingerpickin' Good
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey drj2b!

I'm doin' just fine.......gettin' over a bad cold, but besides that, just ridin' the senioritis train into graduation town.

I tell you man, this wait is killing me.....I recently interviewed at Wash U, and am waiting to hear back from them. I really loved both of these schools, and have no idea what the hell is going to happen within the next month.

So, I wish everyone good luck within the next month.....here are a few things that I've tried to keep my mind off of Penn's decision
.....please feel free to add to my list

*play the guitar
*drink beer
*go to class (geez, talk about a desperate option)
*gnaw on a piece of wood until my tongue goes numb

man oh man oh man.......i'm runnin' out of blocks of wood yo

:horns:

Gleevec

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DrJ2B
Gleevec, if UPenn gave you one of their full tuition scholarships, would you consider going? That way, if I am accepted :)crosses fingers:), I will know a cool classmate already.

Unfortunately there is no way Penn would do that, but it would definitely shake things up a bit for me that's for sure. That said, Im not counting on it, but thanks for the thought DrJ2B. Here's pulling for ya. :clap:

Bendrix

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, no problem. Anything that contributes to developing good karma, you know?

scrabbler

too much sugar
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Jaycee: So it was just about the karma, hmm? What do you think's your top choice? I thought you didn't think all that much of Penn? (btw, I'm the friendly stalker you met at Penn and couldn't get rid of on the train)

Gleevec

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by scrabbler
Jaycee: So it was just about the karma, hmm? What do you think's your top choice? I thought you didn't think all that much of Penn? (btw, I'm the friendly stalker you met at Penn and couldn't get rid of on the train)

This is pretty weird...

Bendrix

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How could you write that on the countdown thread? Talk about negative energy. But right now I have no top choice. I've been saying from the beginning that I'd just see where I got in, and really only think about it at that point. Penn's definitely on my short list, but I honestly don't know what I'll do if I'm fortunate enough to get in.

scrabbler

too much sugar
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry, jaycee. Maybe it was too late at night for me? And maybe this won't make sense because I just woke up, but here goes:

I just found your karma statement really amusing because it was a totally unexpected response to what Gleevec asked for. I didn't mean to connect it at all with my next questions, which had to do with curiosity more than anything. You know that I was much less excited about Penn than you were that day (and all I meant by "all that much" was that you weren't totally brimming over with enthusiasm), but for me, after I mulled it over and went on more interviews, Penn became one of my top choices. I really like the preclinical years in 1.5 years and the format of the curriculum after being able to compare it with other schools better. So I was just asking if you had also become more interested in the school. May I do anything to increase your positive energy?

To others: I meant it to be an inside joke, but I guess it didn't work so well :p.

Bendrix

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scrab, I actually thought your post was really funny, so it seems to have worked as an inside joke. I have to admit that I've gotten a bit more enthusiastic about Penn since the interview day. At that point, it was tough to get "sold" by any school, since they all use more or less the same selling points (cooperative classmates! great match! research opportunities! responsive administration!) and it can be hard to differentiate. But that small group session we sat in on has stayed with me...it was very impressive. Are most Penn enthusiasts most drawn to the 1.5 years of pre-clinical or are there other reasons? I know that many of you have already commented, but I figure we may as well do something to pass the time...

periodic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I waver on how important the 1.5 pre-clinical is. Sometimes I want to zip through and get on the wards, and other times I think it wouldn't be so bad nor make much of a difference. It does seem to free up an appreciable amount of time for rotations, boards, even a vacation.

I like Penn's overall flexibility. A few (two?) afternoons free a week, an awesome health policy program at Wharton, basically a lot of folks doing a lot of different things and the time to do them. I also liked the small-group I sat in on, although I've heard merely OK reviews from other folks.

One downside: I've heard the international stuff at Penn is new and developing. Not sure what that means in reality for funding and opportunities, but I'm definitely for some clinical work abroad and perhaps summer after first year.

scrabbler

too much sugar
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I agree that the small-group session was pretty impressive, but I didn't get a chance to really compare with other schools. I'm guessing it would be similar at many other places. It's hard to say how much one class is representative of a school; I'm sure there's a range of quality (the right teacher, the right mix of students for a class, whether it's before finals or after break) everywhere. I sat in on a PBL session at UCSF, which I didn't think that much of, but I think that's just because I don't like the format of having the moderator do very little and having the students bumbling around trying to figure things out.

Other reasons I like Penn? I like Philly (I think it's the warmest of my east coast schools), I got a good vibe from the place, and I'm interested in peds and being at CHOP. I think pretty much everything else I'm interested in would be similar for other "top" schools.

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really like the idea of going on the wards a half-year early. I love the mix of small group discussions and limited lecture. The students I met were so cool and helpful. They did not seem snotty at all. I want to specialize within peds and I would love to do some clinical rotations and hopefully my pediatric residency at CHOP. I felt so comfortable in Philly, a gut feeling. I love the program and how flexible it is in terms of exploring outside interests. Philly is a large city with a very diverse patient population. It is smaller than NYC which I like and it has a great culture all its own. It is relatively close to my family. Overall, I am just blown away by the calibre and humility of many of the students. The atmosphere is very welcoming.

CanIBeMe??

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:oops: ****Praying for all UPENN Hopefuls**** :oops:

Good Luck to You All!!! :clap: :clap:

....hmm....that looks like a praying smiley right??

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. If anyone has questions about Penn either before or after the decisions come out please feel free to e-mail me ([email protected]) or PM me. I am a Penn MS1, but I'm not a good Penn cheerleader in that I will tell you the truth or how I REALLY feel about everything. I would also be happy to point out the truth about whatever BS you were told when you interviewed.

Just to warn you, much of what you're probably told at various med schools to sell you on their school is either distortion of the truth, lies, or just the same as every medical school. I just like to point that out so you won't go to a school based on "gut feeling" and be unhappy when you get there. On the other hand, I am happy I came to Penn, I'm just not going to lie to you. For this, some of my classmates think I shouldn't be as involved with admissions as I am, but the heck with em.

Anyhow, good luck!

quideam

Too tired to complain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
All of this waiting is driving me nuts! I LOVED UPenn - definetely my #1 choice - and I think i'm going to lose my mind waiting this long to find out my fate... I interviewed in early Novemeber, so my wait has been nearly 4 months now...... argh!!!!

Well, just thought i'd share my frustrations! This waiting is definetely driving me insane!

+pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Quideam!

I totally understand. I interviewed in mid-September for early decision and, since being deferred, I have been waiting for over 5 and a half months. I am so scared about getting a decision. I am going to need all the support I can get. SDNers have been so supporting. I just hope everyone gets into schools they love and soon! Good luck everyone and keep the faith! :)

E

Eraserhead

Hey Quideam!

I totally understand. I interviewed in mid-September for early decision and, since being deferred, I have been waiting for over 5 and a half months. I am so scared about getting a decision. I am going to need all the support I can get. SDNers have been so supporting. I just hope everyone gets into schools they love and soon! Good luck everyone and keep the faith! :)

Amen, may we all get the school at the top of our list!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

bigbaubdi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Quideam!

DrJ2B, you truly are amazing. I got waitlisted from JHU (the school with practically all of my heroes in medicine) in early October and I was devastated. You get deferred from Penn in September and it seems like you haven't lost a beat. Maybe you are a bit on the obsessive side, but I really admire your persistence.

I don't know if Penn is my first choice now or not, but I know that the admissions people at Penn would be making a huge mistake if they didn't admit you.

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey bigbaubdi!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate the support. I wish you the best with Hopkins! Keep that hope alive! There is waitlist movement, so just make sure to send a letter of intent if it is your number once choice (sounds like it) and you will be set. Do remember that Hopkins would miss out on an addition to those heroes you mentioned if it did not accept you off the waitlist. You will be a hero in medicine even if not at Hopkins. There are so many great schools, but remember never to lose faith that Hopkins is still the place you are meant to be. Things happen for a reason. Maybe, Hopkins wants to make sure you want to go there. Best of luck with everything! I hope Hopkins realizes what it is missing out on.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

winstonm

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to all of you:)

You're lucky. Penn would be my 1st choice hands down but I didn't apply cuz they basically said, "Sorry Canadian boy, no financial aid for you so you better have $200 grand US."

My girlfriend was born in DC but lives here now and has access to financial aid in both countries!

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about something. If I get into UPenn (please God help me), should I get a car? I would have to get my license this summer so regardless of what medical school I go to I will get the license. Also, if you get in, how are you going to celebrate? Besides going out with my friends and partying, I was thinking that I might go to Hershey Park since I have never been. I would also get drunk for the first time ever! :clap: :clap:

CUMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You've never drank before?

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have had a drink or two on a few occasions, but I have never really gotten drunk at all, maybe slightly tipsy. Since I was a child and seeing that some of my family members were bordering on alcoholism, I never wanted to lose control of my actions. I was hellbent on never drinking, but I have decided since I turned 21 that I will drink, but very responsibly. My friends are shocked that I have never been drunk, but if UPenn accepts me, I think I will allow myself that one opportunity. :hardy:

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have had a drink or two on a few occasions, but I have never really gotten drunk at all, maybe slightly tipsy. Since I was a child and seeing that some of my family members were bordering on alcoholism, I never wanted to lose control of my actions. I was hellbent on never drinking, but I have decided since I turned 21 that I will drink, but very responsibly. My friends are shocked that I have never been drunk, but if UPenn accepts me, I think I will allow myself that one opportunity. :hardy:

Never drunk!? I wish you had stopped by when you were here, I would've changed that quick! Oh, I come from a long line of alcoholics too - they're more fun.

I saw you post on this thread and I was like "OMG did he get in????" Quick toying with my emotions like that!

felipe5

Fingerpickin' Good
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There's a difference between never drinking vs. never getting drunk.

I say if you get accepted Dr. J2B, I'd definately celebrate somehow, and if drinkin' isn't your thing, then there's no reason to do so.....on the other hand, if you're like me and enjoy to imbibe everynow and then, then what a better time to DRINK AND BE MERRY!?!?!?! If I get in, I'm gonna bust out the Crystahl and JD and throw a jacuzzi party.

About a car man.......i was told that parking is a biatch in penn, and that it might not be worth it. Thats too bad though, cuz I just bought a car that I'd love to take with me wherever I go. On that note, you might wanna get Neuronix's opinion on it or someone more familiar with the area, not some midwesterner like yours truly. :horns:

bigbaubdi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
DrJ2B,

Thanks for the kind words. I am probably going to wait for all of the non-rolling schools to get back to me and then make a decision. From what I have heard, about 30-40 people get in off the waitlist every year at Hopkins, so I still have a chance. There are a lot of great schools out there though and either way, I am still going to be a doctor.

My uncle is a professor at UPenn and he has been taking the train every morning for several years now. According to him, parking is way too expensive and traffic is miserable. The public transit system in Philly is a bit expensive but it can take you wherever you want to go.

On the other hand, my student host's apartment building had parking spaces so he was able to bring his car.

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about something. If I get into UPenn (please God help me), should I get a car?

Quite honestly it is completely up to you. Penn housing is broken up primarily into two locales:

West Philly - Cheaper, parking available. The level of shadiness goes up the further from the University you go, but generally this area is residential and safe. Since it is residential, it's relatively quiet compared with center city. You wouldn't need a car to live there, but it wouldn't be a big burden to have one.

Center City - Expensive, parking difficult. The majority of our students live here, and some do have cars, but expect to pay upwards of $100/mo just for a spot (or live in an expensive building that has parking). There is street parking here, but it's dicey and difficult to get. All the action is in this part of town and it's much trendier, so that explains why most of the students live here.

Both locations are pretty much equidistant from Penn, with some places in West Philly being closer than the closest locales in Center City. The reason to get a car would be if you need to get away alot or like outdoorsy stuff (the poconos with skiing, hiking, camping, etc is only an hour and a half away... The beach is an hour the other way). There are group trips through the grad student center or your other classmates with cars, but it will be a pretty small proportion who do have cars, so it's up to you how important this sort of thing is.

As for commuting into school, you should avoid it if possible. You can get parking for about $80/mo if you apply early, though traffic and parking can be a pain. As far as I know, only two first years commute in. Most people walk, bike, or take mass transit (bus or subway/trolley) into and out of school every day. I'm still here now, and I'll likely take the Penn Bus home. The Penn Bus is weekday and evening only shuttle service that's free for Penn students and runs to some of West Philly and Center City. It runs right by my apartment. Otherwise, for me it's about a 20 minute walk. My roommate bikes when it is warm, walks when it is cold. The SEPTA route 40 bus runs right by my apartment and runs right up to the medical school.

I live in the corner of Center City close to Penn, but I'll likely be moving next year. As to where (e.g. West Philly vs further into center city), I'm still undecided. I had a car, but it was a POS, parking was difficult, and it was once vandalized on the street, so I got rid of it.

thewebthsp

Shoobeedoowap
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd probably choose west philly -- a nice spacious house, you can have roommates to split the rent so not too expensive, easy parking, great axs to public transit, plus my fencing club is here. I heard crime is way down from when it was bad (80's and early 90's).

After this year I definitely would NOT live with my parents if I'm in Philly for med school even though that option might be available :) I love them dearly but I need to be independent I think!

oh Neuronix -- question -- about socializing -- I think there is a lot of opportunity to socialize with the greater university community as well as with fellow med students... just wondering your take on this -- plus how close the student body is as a whole.

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't mind sharing, so I can tell you that I share a two floor 2BR/1Bath in a cute condo complex (though I do rent) in an alright area of center city for $675/mo plus most utils. The whole place cost $1350/mo, so we split it. I think this is on the low end for a 2BR in center city. Rents have gone up ALOT (average $200/mo for 2BRs) since last year, so we're hoping they stabalize.

Originally posted by thewebthsp
oh Neuronix -- question -- about socializing -- I think there is a lot of opportunity to socialize with the greater university community as well as with fellow med students... just wondering your take on this -- plus how close the student body is as a whole.

There is definately opportunity for socializing with ugrads. I am taking an ugrad class right now towards my graduate work, but besides that I am involved with the undergrad advising group. Any ugrad groups you can get into on campus you're free to get into, and it's cool that the main campus is right across the street.

How close is the student body on the whole? Mmm... Not so close I'd say. It's broken into cliques. I don't see how that's not going to happen with about 150 people, but that's basically the way it is. There's not any major clique clashes, though there are some individuals who hate each other. It's kind of funny. :) It's really like high school all over again, but I think of all this will probably apply to any medical school with a mid to large class size.

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Neuronix!

I hope you do not mind but I have a few more questions. You explained that your class is rather cliquey. Are there study groups for students or do your classmates mostly study alone? What is a normal day like in Module 1 and Module 2? How much free time do you really have? If I get in, I would love to volunteer at the clinic for migrant workers (in the mushroom fields if my memory serves me correct) as well as volunteering with children. I would also like to take a cool class here and there. I remember hearing that med students are allowed to take one per semester free of charge. How feasible is that? I know you said you are taking one class for your grad degree, but how about elective classes for fun? Thanks for all your input! :)

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are the occasional study groups. It depends on how you like to study. Typically people study and share info within the cliques, with some exceptions.

A typical day in module one is either five hours of lecture or two/three hours of lecture and two/three hours of lab. On Tuesdays and Thursdays there are afternoon events that vary in length of time, though the latest you'll be there is until 5PM. There are variations, and once and awhile you'll have 8 hours straight of lecture (with a lunch break) or you'll only have one afternoon all week you have to attend. The amount of time you need to study is up to you, but I found in module 1 that you could get away with binge + purge learning. e.g., do next to no studying two - three weeks after an exam then one - two weeks before the next exam block start studying hardcore.

Module 2 is similar, except there's less labs and more 2 hour sections. So, it's usually 3 hours of lecture and 2 hours of section, except for Tuesdays and Thursday where it's 2 hours of lecture and 2 hours of section and afternoon events. The amount you need to study in the different blocks also varies. MDTI (the first block) is easy. Brain & Behavior is a real pain in the rear end.

After I get done taking my other class and studying for that I'd say I have about 3 hours a day of free time on the weekdays and how much I study on the weekends depends on how close I am to an exam. It's not easy finding and getting into classes at night. Also, it's ALOT of work in med school already, so an extra class will be tough (how much "fun" is that?). But, it's all up to you how much studying and relaxing you want to do. All that said, I don't know of any MD students who take extra classes in my year--only about 3 or 4 MD/PhDs.

The clinic out in Kennett Square with the mushroom houses (they don't grow em in fields around here) is a good opportunity, though you'll need a car to get out there. That's about a half hour from the University. There's other options within the city to get involved with on this front if you so desire.

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

I just called the Admissions Dept. and asked when decisions will be sent out. I was told around March 15th so we still have about 2 weeks to wait. Good luck everyone and feel free to vent or talk about your interest in UPenn. :)

missmod

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't stand it anymore! I thought it might have been earlier, maybe during the week of March 6th... I'm going to the Bahamas that week so it would have been nice to relax with no internet, phone, or mail, and party until i forget about Penn and then come back to a decision.

Now I'll have to come back from Spring Break and continue to wait.

I wish all acceptances and rejections came on the same day (kinda like for undergrad). Then if i didn't get into Penn, I might be able to console myself with being accepted elsewhere.

PianoGirl04

living for tomorrow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...spring break starts on March 20 for me. Hopefully I'll hear from Penn before I have to leave! Or else I'll be running to every computer I can find to check the status page every 5 minutes. :)

Good luck with the waiting game, everyone. Try to stay sane...I'm having some difficulty with that... :)

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering for how many of us UPenn interviewees have UPenn as their top choice and what other schools you all are considering versus UPenn. I was also wondering how much waitlist movement there is. I have a really strange feeling that despite my huge desire to go to UPenn, I will be waitlisted. I would like to see what prospects I have. I have already expressed my intent to go there if accepted. I applied early decision for Pete's sake. I would not know what else I could do to get off the waitlist. I know I have no idea yet but I have a strange suspicion that that will be the case. :(

Entol

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey DrJ2B.. I'm definitely in your boat. I would accept Penn's offer in a heartbeat (and even wait on a waitlist for them).

I saw that most people at Penn came from ivy league undergrad institutions (or Duke, Stanford, berkeley, etc). My undergrad is okay, but it is a public state school so I'm just hoping they will look past that!

I'm sure you'll get in if you show as much enthusiasm as you show here! Good luck and don't worry for 10 more days!

-Entol

I was wondering for how many of us UPenn interviewees have UPenn as their top choice and what other schools you all are considering versus UPenn. I was also wondering how much waitlist movement there is. I have a really strange feeling that despite my huge desire to go to UPenn, I will be waitlisted. I would like to see what prospects I have. I have already expressed my intent to go there if accepted. I applied early decision for Pete's sake. I would not know what else I could do to get off the waitlist. I know I have no idea yet but I have a strange suspicion that that will be the case. :(

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bumpity bump bump! Less than 2 weeks to go! Good luck everyone! :)

joker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine just called UPENN and they told him that any information that "leaked" out when the status page changed were probably correct...but was a mistake in the sense that it should not have been available so soon. She also told him that emails notifying us of status page changes would be emailed to us BY March 15th...so it is possible we'll hear ANYTIME between now and then! Although...my guess is that they won't have decisions out until at least after the 10th.

For those that saw the status page change...and it didn't say "Waitlist Tier 1, or 2" or whatever...looks like it could be a good sign for us!! I loved UPENN so much..I'm just praying that I get in! I'm praying for all of you too!! Good luck everyone!! UPENN RULES!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if I wish I could have seen the status page. I found out after UPenn got wind of this all. I really hope it was not a waitlist, but that is what my gut feeling is! If any acceptees know you definitely do not want to go to UPenn, please withdraw as soon as possible. I understand about financial aid packages and all, but please withdraw ASAP for those who see UPenn as their dream school! Thanks so much! Good luck everyone! I am so freakin' out here. :(

quideam

Too tired to complain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey DrJ2B, I hear ya.... I'm freaking out so badly my stomach has been hurting for the past two days :(....... i'm freaking out about all of the schools i'm waiting on, so I guess that's anxiety times 4! I'm also unsure about whether i'm glad or not that I didn't get to see the status page... i'm so afraid that i'll just get an outright rejection, or a 2nd tier waitlist....

I know this though - if I get a 1st tier waitlist, I am going to fight for that acceptance. I will call, e-mail, write, visit... whatever it takes ;)

Here's to getting into Penn for everyone who wants it! :clap: