UPENN dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiDentist

G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
Moderator Emeritus
Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, here I was last week in a rush to send my supplementary materials to UPENN. I compiled everything and sent my package via priority mail w/ tracking. I checked and my package was supposed to have been delivered on Thursday last week. I called today and they said they havne't received anything from me?? What can I do now? Did anyone else have this kind of trouble with UPENN or any other school? I'm in a big rut, can't concentrate on anything else.

DesiDentist

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I had a little of that, but don't worry...

sometimes, its still caught in their incoming mail...

just give them some time, or just call back and ask them to check their mail and not just their records of you.

good luck,
terry

I figured, that but the lady assured me that she had checked the mail all of last week. i don't think she was only looking at the data base. She mentioned it might have been given to a different dept and may take extra time to be received by them. I hope everything goes well.

next time, I'm insuring my packages. At least double the price of application fees. :p

Thanks for your response

DesiDentist

Members don't see this ad :)
These things happen, especially at the more visible schools that receives tons of applications. You just have to keep calling them until you are sure they got it.

I was in a similar situation when I was applying to dental school two years ago... Sent in my AADSAS app on January 1st, my secondaries to NYU the next week. They had such a large volume of apps that they did not consider my application until April and did not give me an interview until June. If I did not constantly call NYU and pester them to find my app and look at it, I don't think they would have considered me at all.

Ultimately, I was accepted at NYU but I got so PO'ed at their delays (what the heck kind of shop do they run anyway!?!) that I went to UB instead (they accepted me in March).

Thanks UBTom for your experience insight,

I just got a call from UPENN today stating that they had received my application. I was so relieved and very impressed that since they knew I was perturbed, they decided to call me and tell me. A very pleasant surprise, indeed.

DesiDentist

to Desi:

Glad to hear it is resolved, and good luck!