upenn exams

jackofhearts

15+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2004
    what is the exam schedule like at upenn? (how often, how many per course or module, quizzes?)

also, what happens if an exam is failed? is a retest offered? repeat the course?

do students study together? is it a relaxed or competitive atmosphere?

should exams even be a factor when looking at med schools?

just wondering...

doof

10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Oct 27, 2000
      hey. the first semester of your first year, you're taking more than one course at a time (e.g. anatomy, biochem, etc), so there may be times when you're taking 2 or 3 exams in the space of a week. (remember, p/f this semester). once you get past that, it's all organ system blocks, and you'll have an exam on avg once a month. i think it's a reasonable exam schedule. if you happen to fail and exam, i think it's pretty easy to make it up...at the (i think) course director's prerogative, you usually do a make-up assignment or take another exam. i've never heard of anyone retaking a course. i think the atmosphere at penn is pretty laid back, and in my experience, classmates are pretty supportive and almost always ready to help each other out. finally, to answer your question, i don't think exam schedule should be a huge factor in deciding where to go...unless it's something extreme (like michigan's weekly quizzes - which can be good or bad depending on how you like to study). good luck with your decision! i've never regretted my decision to come to penn, and would be happy to answer any other questions (i'm not on often, so it may take a while for me to reply!).

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.