1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

UPENN HOUSING

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by skim2, Mar 27, 2002.

1. skim2

skim2 Member

Hey freinds.....
    Those of you who will be attending Upenn this fall, can you guys share some info about your housing plan...
    thanks

sang :D

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. eschou01

eschou01 Member

Hi,

I am going to Philly in May to look for an apt. close to the school. From what some of the students have told me, you can find some pretty good places if you look. They did mention to try not to go past 42nd St, because it starts to get really "ghetto". I have found the University's Off-Campus Living website to be pretty helpful.

<a href="http://www.business-services.upenn.edu/offcampusliving/" target="_blank">http://www.business-services.upenn.edu/offcampusliving/</a>

Hope this helps.

4. camelion1

camelion1 Junior Member

I go to Upenn now so if you have any questions email me.

5. skim2

skim2 Member

Thanks guys for your input...

dear camelion1
    so.. can I ask you a question?
    Do you happen to know any place(off campus) walking distance from school that has a studio type of room (with kitchen) priced around $600?
    I really appreciate your help....

sang

6. sanara

sanara Member

Hi Sang,

Still looking?

Sounds like you're not interested in on campus, but I just wanted to let you know they've started accepting applications for the grad towers. Since I won't be out before school I took the easy route and decided to live in Sansom. They're furnished, won't have to deal with utilities, etc.

The app. process semms a little tricky, because I got the impression that once you send it in you've agreed to a lease. I don't know how important it is to get the app in early, but just wanted to let you know.

Good luck,
    Sahar

7. sanara

sanara Member

Joel,

Thanks for putting me in contact with your teammate. He really put me at ease about my choice to live in Sansom.

Sahar

8. camelion1

camelion1 Junior Member

Sang,

There are realtors around campus that have studios and 1 bedrooms for around that price range. The ones you want are UCA, UCH and Campus Apartments. To find a list for the numbers to these places go to <a href="http://www.upenn.edu," target="_blank">www.upenn.edu,</a> click on campus life, then click on housing and related issues, then click on off campus housing. From here you click on landlords and you will get a list of names in the area. Call them up and see what they have available.

9. camelion1

camelion1 Junior Member

No problem Sahar.