UPenn Interview!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kevinacko

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just got my interview invite from penn today. i'll be going sept 26th. anybody else hear anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations and all the best. How long did you wait after
filling out AADSAS application? Well done friend!:clap:

thanks v!
i sent my aadsas in late may and all my supplementals, dat, letters, etc. soon after.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!

why did you get the letter from Upenne saying that your application is completed and is pending for review?
thanks

it's been a while, maybe early july. they just started sending out invites on the 21st so it sounds like you should be getting something soon. good luck!

CONGRATS KEVIN!! I only wish i was in your shoes. Just wondering what are you GPA and DAT scores?

Last week I confirmed my interview at UPenn for October 3! I was sweating bullets about even getting that much information since the mailroom at school isn't open yet. My parents are trying to overnight me everything as soon as it gets sent home, but as it is I had to beg security guards to let me into the mailroom. Ah well, at least all I'm waiting on now is NYU and SUNY at Buffalo.

Hey guys congrats,
Let me know if you need any advice, a place to stay, or just want to chill after your interview (as long as I'm not too busy). Im a first year at Upenn, and this school is great! It was a huge decesioon between Upenn and Indiana foro me, and I def dont regret choosing Upenn, although there are some negatives. Just hit me up if you want more specifics.

thanks scandalous! besides cost, what do you think the negatives are? what do you think of the clinical program there? thanks!

Hey guys,

Im heading out to Philly too for interviews, Oct 9th at Upenn and Oct 10th at Temple.

Is anyone going to both temple and Upenn on 9th and 10th too?

Hey guys,

Im heading out to Philly too for interviews, Oct 9th at Upenn and Oct 10th at Temple.

Is anyone going to both temple and Upenn on 9th and 10th too?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those of you who obtained interviews at these schools :) I had a question for you guys. How long did it take for AADSAS to process your application? I am getting worried about my application status now cuz I just checked my online application. The application still says that it has not been process yet. :(

It took AADSAS about a little less than 3 weeks to proces my application and sent me a copy of my application. But keep in mind that more and more ppl applied during july and aug since many ppl finished their DAT around that time. Good luck to you

Mary

just wondering how you guys prepare for the interviews.
i have written down many of my answers to most interview question, but i am a little worried about what to say and what not to say.

how would you know whats good to say and whats not?
there are about 100 questions to prepare for and i am just confused wether i am thinking of the right answers or not.

Hmm, I dont really see any negatives so far. Our clinical req are great, we have a brand new dean and we normally get 2 and a half months off for the first summer, but she decided to change it to one and a hlaf so we got even more clincial exposure. We used the dent sims the first day, which are getting us used to drilling right away instead of waiting till second semester and learning that and grd at the same time.

On interviewing questions, just chill out. I know I had Dr. Rossman, and several people had Dr. Emling, and we talked about anything and everything, most of it wasnt even about my application, but my hobbies and things. It is very much like a conversation and not an interview, and almost all the teachers here are very down to earth and friendly.

Hi Scandalous,

Does anyone know how it is like staying at the Upenn International House? I got a flier about it along with the interview invite. I-House has a really good student rate. Does it have pretty good environment there? such as low noise level, at least I can get a good nite sleep before the interview esp I will have a
3- hr jet lag?

If not, any other cheap hotel/accomendation place u recommend?

Thanks

Hey Mary,
Im sorry to say I dont know anything about the Ihouse except for me walking past it. Im sure though it should be more than ok. I stayed at the Sheraton when I interviwed, which was great. I think all the hotels in Philly have a special deal where for every night you pay, youll get a night free. So i had my Upenn interview on fri and my Temple interview on Mon, and onlky had to pay for 2 nights.

Hey Mary,
I too was looking at the IHouse cuz everything else is damn expensive! But when I called the place, they said you have to call a week or two before you interview and IF they have space open, they'll give you a room. The lady I spoke with couldn't give me any estimate on how likely it would be to have an available room at any certain time. I didn't want to take my chances so I ended up booking at the Sheraton, which was the cheapest I could find at 99 bucks. But it's definitely worth a shot if you don't mind waiting til the last minute to book a hotel. hehe, unfortunately I'm too anal

Hey Springhaze,

Did you get one night free at the Sheraton like Scandalous mentioned? If you did, then that's a real sweet deal!

P.S. For sheraton, do you have to have a coupon to get the $99 deal?

Mary

I was thinking about which hotel which be best? At least closest to the campus?

How about to and from the airport? Does anyone know how convenient it is?

hey Mary,

No, I only need to stay in Philly for one night and then I have to head back to school. I guess they might do that for you though. And yeah, you have to call admissions and ask them to send you a special certificate that you can hand to the people at Sheraton. Hope that helps!