UPenn rocks!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I love UPenn ubermuch! As aforementioned, it is my #1 choice! Anyone else love UPenn as much as I do? I love the flexibility of the program, all the cool ECs they have for medical students, the intergrated campus, and especially CHOP where I hope to do my peds residency, and sooo much more! Holla at a brotha if you are as crazy about UPenn as I am. If I could, I would have sex with that med school! :laugh: :laugh: :love: :love: :love: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I am no longer a spelling champion! integrated not intergrated oh well +pissed+ :laugh: :laugh:

Penn had the foresight/hindsight not to admit me after my undergraduate years there , HOWEVER , I have nothin' but love for that school ! ALL of my friends who graduated from Penn Med loved it ! If I didn't dislike Philly so much, I would consider it for residency .

Members don't see this ad :)
Penn is very very nice. The immediately surrounding area is sorta creepy by yourself at night, but then around Market st. and midtown its quite nice.

Great school though. I really enjoyed my visit there.

Originally posted by Gleevec
Penn is very very nice. The immediately surrounding area is sorta creepy by yourself at night, but then around Market st. and midtown its quite nice.

Great school though. I really enjoyed my visit there.

My friend interviewed there last year... he saw a carjacking on his way walking to the interview. Not the aftermath, or the police interviewing someone.... he actually saw a guy jack a car in broad daylight.

I loved penn SOO much too! All the students there seemed really happy (as they do at many other schools) but the reasons they said they were happy were things that I think would also make me happy! Philadelphia isn't nearly as bad as everyone says... living there is affordable as a student (unlike NYC) and the city itself is really cool with a ton to do. Like every school, its not for everyone, though...

It is true that West Philly isn't the best that Philly has to offer. But the campus itself is not unsafe. One of the great things about Penn is that its medical school is on the same campus as the undergrad and other grad schools. That being said, all of the med school and biomedical research building and hospitals are in the same area, protected from the rest of West Philly (which really isn't that bad to begin with, considering other areas such as North Philly), and are all interconnected.
More than two-thirds of students do, however, live in Center City (a much nicer area with great restaurants, night activities). Most everyone that does is within 20 minutes walking to class (plus there are public busses and trolleys and free Penn busses and shuttles).
DrJ2B, I'm glad you like Penn. It is definitely a great place to be for med school! Good luck!

I completely agree...... Penn is definetly my #1 choice!!!!! I still love Yale though... close 2nd choice.... but Penn is closer to my home (1 hr vs. 3 hrs.) and the 1.5 years of basic science is EXTREMELY appealing....

Good luck everyone! I guess now we just have to keep our fingers crossed until March!!

- Quid

Hey all!

Thanks for the support and I wish you all the best. I hope we all get in. We should make sure we stay in touch! woohoo I cannot wait until March. To the UPenn med students, you are all awesome and I hope to see you next fall.

P.S. The whole sex comment ummmmm. lol I am a bit delusional but damn UPenn got back, front, and sides! I would not mind tapping dat a$$! :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

Holla....I got penn at the top of my list too. loved the place, people, curriculum.

I am sorry if my ranting about UPenn and doing the horizontal polka sounds uberweird. Frankly, I love the school so much and I would absolutely be the happiest person in the world if I got in. I am sure people can understand where I am coming from. I did not mean to freak any people out making them think I am a med school molester. I meant no harm to UPenn. It is just hot like dat! :love:

i hate people who use the word 'uber'.

Members don't see this ad :)
I LOVE UPENN TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Originally posted by DrJ2B
I love UPenn ubermuch! As aforementioned, it is my #1 choice! Anyone else love UPenn as much as I do? I love the flexibility of the program, all the cool ECs they have for medical students, the intergrated campus, and especially CHOP where I hope to do my peds residency, and sooo much more! Holla at a brotha if you are as crazy about UPenn as I am. If I could, I would have sex with that med school! :laugh: :laugh: :love: :love: :love: :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe you write that in your letter of intent: Will have sex with the school for acceptance :D.

Good Luck Man, I hope you get in!

I hate to be the guy to do this...but my app was complete there in late october...when should they get to it to invite for interview or reject?

When did you folks get complete and then get the interview?

Penn's a GREAT school. Went there for undergrad (c/o 99), didn't EVEN bother applying for med school. SO much has changed in terms of facilities there for the university community and will continue to change in the next couple of years. West Philly's livable. East coast Urban, remember? Fall and spring's the best time of the year... winter and summer SUCKS! (<sigh> nostaglia). Get ready to work your ass off...

UPenn Roxors!

Using the structure and melody of the folk song "Shenandoah", I wrote a short song about UPenn.

:laugh:

"Oh UPenn, I long to see you! Away you magnificent med school! Oh UPenn, I long to see you! Away, I'm bound away across the New York-Pennsylvania border!" :p

Originally posted by DrJ2B
Frankly, I love the school so much and I would absolutely be the happiest person in the world if I got in.

I might beat you in the competition for being the happiest person in the world if accepted to Penn. :D :D :D :D UPENN rocks! By far my top choice and I haven't had my interview yet! (It's in Jan...wish me luck!) From what I hear about the interview day, the only way you can leave is with dreamy eyes for the school. DrJ2B best of luck to you!

FYI: Penn waitlists almost everyone. So if you get a waitlist letter in March don't be bummed b/c there is definitely a chance to get off the waitlist at Penn.

:clap: :love:

Hey ReadHeadKiddo!

I wish you the best of luck at the interview. Thank you so much for the kind words and support! I hope we both get accepted to we can be the two happiest people in the world. I have heard that UPenn loves to take students who really want to go there, so we definitely have shots at getting in. The admissions people are awesome, especially Gaye Sheffler, the Director of Admissions and Financial Aid. Please tell me how the interview goes and tell me how much your love for UPenn has grown! :love: :love: :clap: :clap: :love: :love:

Hey thread!

Turn around and let me see that sexy body go BUMP BUMP BUMP! :laugh: