upenn supplemental app

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ALI, Sep 10, 2002.

1. ALI

ALI Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

On upenn supp. application, they want me list any predent experience not include in my aadsas application in question A9.
    Is this a trick question? I do have alot of predent activity and I think I have listed all my activities in that section already
    any idea??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    No, it isn't a trick question. They don't want you to talk about stuff you already put on your application. This question is there to see if you are still pursueing experiences in dentistry or if you just stopped after submitting your application. I was annoyed with this question, but I was fortunate to have been selected to start in a new research with the Punjabi population and the rate of caries.

This question shows two things:

1.) How well you can read instructions, since majority of the people will just ramble on about the experiences they did put on the AADSAS app.

2.) Your passion and desire to explore dentistry beyond just submitting your application.

The other two questions are hard too. It took me three weeks to finish that supplemental app. But I guess it paid off. Lets see how everything goes on the 20th.

If you don't have any new things to tell them I would state that and the reason why.

If you have more ?'s please post or PM me,

DesiDentist

4. juan7677

juan7677 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Desi. Did you type or print on the supp application?
    Does it really matter

5. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    It really doesn't matter, but beware that you should write legibly. It is an Adobe pdf. file so it is hard to type on unless you have a typewriter and then you need a good one with "white out" to remove all the mistakes.

DesiDentist

6. gobiz

gobiz Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi! Juan,

I attached additional pages for essay questions.

I think it will work well and make you save your time.