UPENN vs Columbia vs UMICH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IBMchic

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok I have a big problem, I have to put a deposit on one of these schools in the next few weeks and I have no idea which one.
All of them has there pro and cons

Columbia: PRO It is in New York has a Great name
CON It is in a rather bad area of New York and I heard you are treated badly by the Med students.
Michigan: PRO loved there facilities and is a very well rounded program, The best I have seen
CON It is FREEZING there and Ann Arbor is pretty non eventful, I need a big cty I think
UPENN: PRO Med and Dent students are separate and it also has a great name
CON The Facilities are not great.

PLEASE any insight would be greatly appreciated. I would Love to hear from anyone in the same boat as me and there thoughts.

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted at Penn too and the main reason I didn't choose it is because I felt that they weren't as strong clinically as the other schools I got accepted to. They really seem to focus more on the research and the academic aspect of dentistry rather than the hands-on part. I didn't like this balance personally, so I picked a school that placed more equal emphasis on both the academic and clinical aspects