UPenn Waitlist Poll 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What status are you on the Penn Waitlist?

• Top of Tier 1

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Tier 1

Votes: 45 77.6%
  • Tier 2

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters

paco

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the sake of non-"top of tier 1" folk like me, please let us know which category you fall into if you interviewed and weren't immediately accepted at Penn. None of this preview tab vs non-preview tab business.

Members don't see this ad.

i put myself as tier 1 even tho i had the nicer message (because i didnt have a preview tab and that is what im considering to be the top--no clue what youre considering to be the top tho)

I am in tier 1, and I got the "continuing interest" message on my status page. Not sure whether that is the "nicer" message or not. I didn't have a Penn Preview tab.

Actually, I'll just post up what I got on my page:
"The Committee on Admissions has a continuing interest in your application and we hope you remain interested in Penn.

Please let us know of your continuing interest by completing the Wait List Response Form below. Changes in your status will be communicated by e-mail and on the status page."

==================================================
One question:
Does anyone know whether those in plain old tier 1 should also be filling out Fin Aid forms and sending it to the FA office just in case?

Members don't see this ad :)
i dont think we're supposed to fill out the finaid forms till we're accepted if we are accepted...? not sure where i got that idea from though

also, my message said "we have a very strong interest in your application" or some such thing

So this fabled tier 2 does exist... but it seems that less than 10% of interviewees are actually on it.

So, people did get a "we have a very strong interest in your application" message with no Penn Preview tab?

the1111gal said:
yes, board chick

I think thatwe should consider "top of tier one" for only those that have the preview tab

IMHO

but the letter they sent me in the mail says top of tier one...thats why this poll isnt set up right...we need it to have a top of tier 1 w/ preview info and w/o info...clearly theres a difference

the1111gal said:
but the letter they sent me in the mail says top of tier one...thats why this poll isnt set up right...we need it to have a top of tier 1 w/ preview info and w/o info...clearly theres a difference

umm. sorry. should we make a new one?

won't change anything ;)
just for those who are interested, it IS broken down like that