UPenn Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thatslife

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found out this morning that I was waitlisted. I did some research of last years threads to find out what happened with them.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=187889&highlight=UPenn

It looks like there are four possibilities. tier 2, tier 1, top of tier 1 and top of tier 1 with Penn Preview (weekend) infromation

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

tier 2 is a nice way of rejecting people, and the others are like 3 tiers. im sure they set it up as a psychological trick. meant to be nice but really its better to just be frank to let ppl know where they truly stand. all IMO

Shredder said:
tier 2 is a nice way of rejecting people, and the others are like 3 tiers. im sure they set it up as a psychological trick. meant to be nice but really its better to just be frank to let ppl know where they truly stand. all IMO

I basically agree... I felt that way last year when I started to realize NYU didn't reject anyone post-interview but put them all on the waitlist.... I assume you're on tier 2 shredder?

Members don't see this ad :)
1 but i treat it the same, columbia as well. doubt ill be doing any pleading. i havent seen a single person so far rejected from penn post interview; i know sdn has selection bias but not that much, and the same cant be said for other top schools. tier 2 is definitely hopeless

Shredder said:
1 but i treat it the same, columbia as well. doubt ill be doing any pleading. i havent seen a single person so far rejected from penn post interview; i know sdn has selection bias but not that much, and the same cant be said for other top schools. tier 2 is definitely hopeless

this thread has been inactive for some time now; anyone have any updated news regarding penn?

none here and not expecting any. Have you done anything meanwhile?

Shredder said:
none here and not expecting any. Have you done anything meanwhile?

sent a whole packet of supplementary material including copies of scholarship letters that other schools offered me. need to show how "in demand" I am (though I am still a tier 1, generic message! :confused: )