1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Upenn

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ALI, Oct 14, 2002.

1. ALI

ALI Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Do the schools wait until dec 1 to reject you?
    I have received interview invite from most of schools except Upenn. What should I say when I contact them?? I know I can't request an interview, so how should I approach them without sounding too desperate?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gobiz

gobiz Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi Ali...

We are in same boat...

I called them a couple of days ago ...they answered me just like "your application is being reviewed and we will contact you soon..." That's it...somewhat strange to me...because I know upenn is really quick in sending interview invites letter...isn't it?

Good luck in your other schools...

4. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    There maybe two reasons for this:

1.) They are overloaded with work

2.) They have your application in a pile, but will wait until they receive more before deciding if they want to call you for a interview.

UPENN is one of those schools that if you apply really really early, they will contact you really really early as well. I applied the second day and sent in my supplementary July 20 and got my interview invite August 20 and interviewed there September 20.

I would not annoy them, but just wait until the end of October before picking up the phone.

DesiDentist

5. ALI

ALI Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks guys
    Gobiz: thanks your reply. I am sure you deserve to get an interview at Upenn. Good to know I am not alone.

Desi: I ll wait. What you wrote does make sense

6. crimson

crimson What up Smokey!
    10+ Year Member

I completed my secondary two weeks ago and haven't heard anything. My DAT scores are still pending so my wait is going to be a long one. I am sure ALI you will get some word soon. But waiting sucks :cool:

7. DesiDentist

Dentist
    crimson,

I would give it about 2-4 more weeks. UPENN is pretty quick to set your file up and if you have all your credentials in then they will send your file for review and that takes about a week or so. I hope all of you hear from them soon. It is a great school and if you can get both Temple and UPENN interviews at the same time then that is even better so you don't have to fly back and fourth and waste money. Both schools are located less than 5 miles of each other. Good luck.

DesiDentist

8. slave4MD

slave4MD Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys, do you know how I can get past the lady that answers the admissions hotline for Penn? Is there any other person(s) there that answers the phone? If so, how/whem can I reach them?

My problem is that I can't understand her accent and I'm simply unable to get my point across.

9. DesiDentist

Dentist
    That lady is Elsie, she is one of the nicest and helpful people I've encountered yet. Her accent is not bad. There is another administrator named Ramona, who is helpful as well.

The admissions director is Corky Cacas but it is hard to get through to her.

DesiDentist