UPitt and Hotel room

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ForeignBody

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was told by 2 people on the interview trail that Upitt Internal med program paid for their hotel and that it stated that in the email that they were sent through ERAS. I didn't recall that, so I re-checked the emails I have gotten and it says you get a reduced rate.

Are they pulling my leg, or is UPitt selectively giving out free accomodations?

Members don't see this ad.

On a similar note, i just got an interview invite from pitt yesterday. However, my email did not come thru eras, but instead directly to my email. It came from a lady named Debra Bellini, not the Marybeth Dempsey that others from my school have received it from.

My email had no mention of hotels or anything, just a sheet to fill out with my preferred date/subspecialty. Did anyone else get a similar email to myself (maybe those with late offerings don't get the first class treatment :()

Also, does anyone know if pitt has a pre - interview event or not?

any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

On a similar note, i just got an interview invite from pitt yesterday. However, my email did not come thru eras, but instead directly to my email. It came from a lady named Debra Bellini, not the Marybeth Dempsey that others from my school have received it from.

My email had no mention of hotels or anything, just a sheet to fill out with my preferred date/subspecialty. Did anyone else get a similar email to myself (maybe those with late offerings don't get the first class treatment :()

Also, does anyone know if pitt has a pre - interview event or not?

any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

i visited pitt earlier. to answer the OP and above q's:

1. i do not recall getting free accomodations. they may have given a list of nearby hotels with a medical rate, but i booked a flight/hotel package online.

2. it may be that pitt will send a confirmation email with hotels, etc after the original one. just a thought. and they do have a pre-interview dinner. it was one of the better one's i've been to.

hope this helps.

There is a list of recommended hotels for Pitt listed on their website. I stayed at Holiday Inn for a reduced rate, $95 plus taxes. There is a preinterview dinner the night before and if you stay at Holiday Inn, they bring you there and pick you up. They also bring you to interview and pick you up afterwards too (so you can leave your bag at the hotel after check out). The Holiday Inn rooms looks nicer than other Holiday Inns I have stayed at. I'd recommend this option, esp if you don't plan to have a car as they provide transportation as well.