1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

UPitt and UDetroit Mercy

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by gradM.S., Oct 4, 2002.

1. gradM.S.

gradM.S. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

These schools are missing in action on this forum. Has anybody heard from them recently in regards to interviews or when they plan on starting the interview process. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. EcoRI

EcoRI Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Detroit is MIA for me as well. I haven't received a single piece of mail from them. The only things I've got from Pitt. was this email on Monday:

Dear Applicant,

I have received your application from AADSAS, and I am pleased that you have an interest in the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine.

We have some exciting changes taking place in our school this year... a new sim clinic, new classrooms, and an expanded and updated module clinic area. We also have a new Director of Student Services and Admissions. Dr. Ken Etzel (long time Pitt Dental faculty member and Associate Dean of Education) has been appointed to this post, and he is working to bring new ideas and energy to the Admissions process.

The Admissions Committee will be meeting very soon, and will begin inviting qualified candidates to interview for a position in the Class of 2007. I would remind you that only those candidates who have mailed their application fees will be considered for interviews. If you have not already mailed the $35 fee (international $50), please do so immediately.

Please do not hesitate to return mail if you have questions regarding this process.

Rose Mangold
    Assistant Director
    Admissions and Financial Aid
    University of Pittsburgh
    School of Dental Medicine

4. gradM.S.

gradM.S. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, I received that e-mail too. I just want to know what is going on with these schools. Good luck to you!

5. Brand

Brand Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got some mail from U of Detroit today. All it said was my application has been received. They are a liitle slow. My application went out in the 3rd mailing.

I actually live in the area and have volunteered at the clinic. Detroit Mercy has a reputation for having a slow application process.

6. FunkDocta

FunkDocta Member
    7+ Year Member

I called Univ. of Pittsburgh last week and they said it would take about 2 weeks for reviewing to start. So basically they are still compiling things together and they are late. I'm sure they will begin within a week or so. I didn't receive an email, but they sent me a letter in the mail about 2 weeks ago...so I think they are getting there. So far I don't know anyone that has received an interview.

7. sam1234

sam1234 Member
    7+ Year Member

I received an interview invitation yesterday from University of Pittsburgh. The interview dates are Mondays Oct 28 and Nov 4.

8. EAK27

EAK27 Member
    7+ Year Member

I got an interview invite from pitt today. Thinking I'm trying for the Oct 28th date.

9. Brand

Brand Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Got an interview invite from U of D yesterday. They also sent an invite for an Open House. Hadn't heard of that before. Anyone know anything about it?

10. sadeqq

sadeqq Member
    7+ Year Member

i got the open house invite too. sort of weird.

si