Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UPitt Info

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DJ W.R., Aug 6, 2001.

1. DJ W.R.

DJ W.R. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Here ya go:

Applying to University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine

If you are still having difficulty with your application process through AMCAS, here is another school where you can speed up the application reveiw process.

The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is currently asking all prospective students/AMCAS applicants to submit:
    (1) a paper copy of your AMCAS 2002 application, and
    (2) your MCAT scores

directly to us at the following address:
    University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
    Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
    3550 Terrace Street
    518 Scaife Hall
    Pittsburgh, PA 15261
    412-648-9891

This will allow us to begin a more personal review of your application, to basically get a headstart, while we await the delayed electronic transmission of your AMCAS record. Note, however, that you will—also—still have to submit your application through AMCAS. To further help you, we have assigned two special counselors to handle any question you may have about the AMCAS problems and your hard-copy application submission. Please feel free to contact them directly:

Connie Dobrich
    412-648-9891
    [email protected]

Lisa Wick
    412-648-9891
    [email protected]

2. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

I thought someone said they have a secondary online already...is that true?
    Do they screen applicants primaries before sending out secondaries??
    Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DJ W.R.

DJ W.R. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I haven't heard a thing about their secondary. When I get chance I'll give them a call to find out the "true" story.

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Drako is maintaining a permanent site for schools taking paper AMCAS and schools with secondaries on-line. The link is: http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/paperamcas2002.htm
    Everybody should bookmark it and use it. You can e-mail him to add schools to either list.

5. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

I scoured their website, and I couldnt find any kind of secondary online.

The only thing i saw was an "online inquiry form" where you can submit your address info and they will send you more info about the school, but its not a request for a secondary.

So they must be either mailing out secondaries to those who have sent in printed AMCAS, or sending out emails with a secure URL link to an online secondary.

Anybody got a secondary from Pitt?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. FoxyDoc

FoxyDoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pitt screens and only sends secondaries to those who qualify...how they determine this I do not know. But, last year I received one and 3 of my friends did not.

7. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

Love the name Foxy...So is it true what they say about foxes?

Where do you go now foxy?
    What were your stats like?
    Thanks!

8. FoxyDoc

FoxyDoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Scooby, It's a long story, but due to financial reasons I decided to work for another year before Med school to pay off my loans and help my family. I never returned any of my secondaries. So, I'm reapplying this year. My GPA and MCATS were about average for Pitt's standards. Good Luck and Best Wishes!