UPitt interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freckleDoc

freckleDoc
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if Pitt is still sending any more interview invites at this point??still holding out some hope. think a letter begging for one would be even worth it?

Members don't see this ad.

LOL, I logged onto SDN today to start this very thread.

If I were you, I would call them and ask.
I got my interview invite very late (invited 1/22 for 3/6), but it was my fault because I was not complete until 1/11
I called them and essentially asked: Should I really bother doing my secondaries now, since it is so late, are you guys still sending out interview invites?
She was SUPER nice and said DEFINITELY.
Granted, this was about a month ago.
But my point is that they were super nice about it, so just call.
While you're at it, ask them to check your status.
You never know.
Good luck guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also recieved an interview invite late (1/30 for 3/14). I was complete late becasue the school sent me a secondary in late nov and had problems with my letters of rec. I wasn't complete until Jan...

chea

I also received an invite for early March. I am turning it down though. There's still hope! I didn't even withdraw from the school as I had intended to, and they just happened to give me a date.

Hey there Pitt aficionados, just found this in the Pitt class thread:

Did you guys know that Dr. Curtiss just passed away this week? I was reading the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and ran across this article:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06049/657579.stm

Dr. Curtiss was instrumental in making Pitt the unique school that it is, so go easy on them for a while ... :love:

prana_md said:

Dr. Curtiss was instrumental in making Pitt the unique school that it is, so go easy on them for a while ... :love:

Holy crap! I didn't get to meet him on my interview day.

I wonder how this will change the rest of the admissions cycle?

prana_md said:

He was an awesome guy... my meeting with him is one of my fondest memories from the entire med school application process.

I'm thinking of him and his family...

I got a Pitt invite today, scheduled for the only day left that I could see: March 17. Good luck everyone. :)

Edit note: I was complete in November.