1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Upitt secondary....

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by surfdevl02, Nov 26, 2002.

1. surfdevl02

surfdevl02 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Does anyone know how big numbers are in order to get a UPitt interview?? Since they're not rolling admissions (i don't think) and i've only heard good things about this school, i'm thinking about sending in a secondary but only if i have a chance for an interview. Didn't someone on here say before that the Dean of admissions personally picks the class and that she puts a lot of emphasis on diversity in the class. Maybe i'm wrong and thinking about another school....

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tonem

tonem Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pitt accepts a large portion of the incoming class at the end of Feb. Admissions becomes rolling after that day. The admissions committee is made up of faculty, staff and students. They (as a group) decide who makes the cut and who doesn't. I have heard that the Dean of Admissions (he not she) decides who gets in off the waitlist, but that could just be heresay. From what I understand they do try to look beyond the numbers and interview people with interesting backgrounds, experiences, etc... Send in the secondary, you never know what will happen in this crazy crap-shoot of a process.

4. Ronin

Ronin Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Do you mean that people who get interviews AFTER the end of Feb would be admitted on a rolling basis? And that the people who get interviewed BEFORE the end of Feb would not?

5. mws99

mws99 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

That is the impression I was under.