Upitt secondary....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfdevl02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how big numbers are in order to get a UPitt interview?? Since they're not rolling admissions (i don't think) and i've only heard good things about this school, i'm thinking about sending in a secondary but only if i have a chance for an interview. Didn't someone on here say before that the Dean of admissions personally picks the class and that she puts a lot of emphasis on diversity in the class. Maybe i'm wrong and thinking about another school....

Members don't see this ad.

Pitt accepts a large portion of the incoming class at the end of Feb. Admissions becomes rolling after that day. The admissions committee is made up of faculty, staff and students. They (as a group) decide who makes the cut and who doesn't. I have heard that the Dean of Admissions (he not she) decides who gets in off the waitlist, but that could just be heresay. From what I understand they do try to look beyond the numbers and interview people with interesting backgrounds, experiences, etc... Send in the secondary, you never know what will happen in this crazy crap-shoot of a process.

Originally posted by tonem
Pitt accepts a large portion of the incoming class at the end of Feb. Admissions becomes rolling after that day.
Do you mean that people who get interviews AFTER the end of Feb would be admitted on a rolling basis? And that the people who get interviewed BEFORE the end of Feb would not?

Originally posted by Ronin
Do you mean that people who get interviews AFTER the end of Feb would be admitted on a rolling basis? And that the people who get interviewed BEFORE the end of Feb would not?

That is the impression I was under.