UPitt

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by surfdevl02, Nov 16, 2002.

1. surfdevl02

surfdevl02 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello SDNers-

I have a quick question...i'm considering adding a reach school to apply to...i know it's late in the game but I was wondering if University of Pittsburgh was rolling admissions. If it is not, then if i send in my AMCAS data this week, does that mean i will have as much consideration as someone who applied in June or July? Also, how big is UPitt on numbers? If possible, i could use some advice from current Pitt students or those who have interviewed there already. Thank you ahead of time!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KBCoch

KBCoch Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pitt is a great school. They are not rolling. All of their interviewees are ranked in Feb and offers are made at the end of Feb.

I'm not sure how much they stress numbers.

Go for it!

4. surfdevl02

surfdevl02 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thank you KBCoch!

You've given me the confidence to send in my app! Maybe it's a waste of money but might as well try...

5. moviefreak

moviefreak Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i'm applying there too and i just received a secondary from them. i have pretty average #s, research and community service for ECs.

6. surfdevl02

surfdevl02 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

How rough is the UPitt secondary?? It's not another Duke is it....i just finished 23 of them and i don't think i could take another long one.....

7. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

the pitt secondary is not too bad. i think there were 2 questions, and you can probably recycle answers from other apps for at leat one of the questions. the other asked about a moral/ethical dilemma.

8. KBCoch

KBCoch Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

If I remember correctly, Pitt asks you to describe an ethical situation and how you dealt with it. I think they also ask you to explain how you would contribute to the diversity of the class.

I also remember both being pretty limited in length.

I think the diversity question is actually optional, but I don't know how wise it would be to opt out.

9. Ronin

Ronin Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i don't know about you guys, but i find those two questions on my Pitt secondary (esp. the ethical/moral dilemma one) just slightly better than Duke ones, for which i had to bang my head against the wall.

10. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

i guess i found them hard when i was doing them, but that's b/c it was one of the first secondaries i did. i have since recycled the essays several times, so i assumed the original poster might already have written the essays.

11. BobbyDylanFan

BobbyDylanFan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I :love: Pitt, anyone receiving a interview invite, can you post your stats...i'm curious.

12. pAkhtmAn

pAkhtmAn pAkht mEmbEr
    7+ Year Member

Also, if you did receive an invite, how long did it take them to process your app after you completed it?

13. arsh

arsh Member
    7+ Year Member

hey,

I was invited to a pitt interview, stats:

3.8 (3.95 sci) mcat: 39

i was invited to interview at the end of august (i finished amcas in july) - they invited me before i got around to doing their secondary (i think i did it about a week before the actual interview) - i wouldn't worry if you haven't been invited yet - it's a super chill school and they'll get to you

14. exigente chica

7+ Year Member

I really like Pitt they have a great curriculum and some nice Ph.D programs in Tissue Engineering:clap: Yeah Pitt:clap: