Upload MSPE/transcript by myself vs school uploading them through EMSWP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pyaarawala

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have my MSPE and transcript in hand from my school. It was a bit of a hassle to get it from them but I finally got it. Do you guys think it makes a difference to residency program directors (or any other residency program staff that will be involved with decision making), whether I uploaded those two documents by myself or if the school did it through EMSWP?

My school participates in EMSWP, which is what ECFMG and ERAS have told me. ERAS told me it doesn't matter who uploads it as long as it's clear and accurate. One concern I have is if I upload it myself, is that similar to no waiving your rights to an LOR? Meaning it devalues the authenticity and worth of the MSPE (and transcript, but not as much) if I upload it myself? Or am I just being paranoid?

I personally would rather upload it myself due to being worried that the school would somehow mess it up by scanning it improperly or something.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been thinking about this too,I rather upload it myself than let my school do it as that worries me