Upper-level Orgo I & II Required for Top Med Schools?

May 23, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey, I'm planning to transfer on to a school that requires only lower-level orgo I & II, however, I'm wondering if lower-level orgo would be accepted by med school, specifically, highly-ranked ones like Yale, UPenn, and Brown as I'm setting my goal when applying to med school towards them (although I won't be 100% banking on them, I'll be applying elsewhere just in case). If anyone has taken lower-level orgo and been accepted to med school(s) with only lower-level orgo or anyone that has contacted med schools on this earlier, please let me know your findings on it. I'll be contacting med schools concerning this before I do go ahead with registering but I can only contact so many med schools and, since I haven't yet started the app process, I just have a rough idea of the med schools I'm seeking to apply to from the research I've done on them. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Take care and stay safe. Best wishes to you all!

PigsHaveWings

Dokter or Professional PickleBaller
May 10, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Most of the medical schools require 2 semesters of organic chemistry (with labs). They don't specify lower level or upper level. I don't remember seeing any of the schools specifying lower level versus upper level.

Nov 18, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Talk to your advisor about which is taken predominately by Pre-meds, or see which is required for a biology degree. My advice, take the higher level sequence and don't skimp out on taking an O-chem course that will not prepare you for Biochemistry or the MCAT.

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
  1. Non-Student
Hey, I'm planning to transfer on to a school that requires only lower-level orgo I & II, however, I'm wondering if lower-level orgo would be accepted by med school, specifically, highly-ranked ones like Yale, UPenn, and Brown as I'm setting my goal when applying to med school towards them (although I won't be 100% banking on them, I'll be applying elsewhere just in case). If anyone has taken lower-level orgo and been accepted to med school(s) with only lower-level orgo or anyone that has contacted med schools on this earlier, please let me know your findings on it. I'll be contacting med schools concerning this before I do go ahead with registering but I can only contact so many med schools and, since I haven't yet started the app process, I just have a rough idea of the med schools I'm seeking to apply to from the research I've done on them. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Take care and stay safe. Best wishes to you all!
Invest in MSAR Online and you'll see what they require or recommend

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads