Upper science classes dilemma ..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Forca Barca

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have a question ...
I'm majoring in biochemistry and I have lots of upper level biochem courses in addition to physical chemistry courses.. the average on them are mostly B's.

of course B's bring your GPA down. So, should I consider leaving the hard classes to the last 2 semesters since I will be applying to med school next year (summer 2012)? meaning I will start them after I submit my application.
Should I work on keeping my GPA high for my junior year? or it won't matter?

I guess the real question is: when do they look at your GPA? before your senior year? or the beginning of it?

I will be a junior this fall.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So I should wait to take the upper level classes .... hmmm but wouldnt the school want to see my complete GPA?

So, I have a question ...
I'm majoring in biochemistry and I have lots of upper level biochem courses in addition to physical chemistry courses.. the average on them are mostly B's.

of course B's bring your GPA down. So, should I consider leaving the hard classes to the last 2 semesters since I will be applying to med school next year (summer 2012)? meaning I will start them after I submit my application.
Should I work on keeping my GPA high for my junior year? or it won't matter?

I guess the real question is: when do they look at your GPA? before your senior year? or the beginning of it?

I will be a junior this fall.

Thanks

It would be smart to take the hardest upper-lvl classes your senior year if you have room to avoid possibly tanking your gpa if the courses are too hard for you.

My first two semesters for my junior year are light but difficult courses, so i won't overwhelm myself and apply with a decent GPA.