Upstate 2nd Visit Day...anyone going??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
E

e-spin

Hi...just curious if anyone is planning on going to the Upstate 2nd look day on 4/25.
If you are, I guess I'll see ya; I'll be the one groveling to get off the HP list!!! Ha. I'm only half kidding. :D This process has really helped me learn to swallow my pride- big time.

ANYWAY. Just wonderin'!!!

Spin:D :D

Members don't see this ad.

BUMP.
*sigh* Am I going to be the only one there?? Upstate threads get no love :p
Thought I'd ask one more time!!!
Thanks
Spin:D

e-spin,
I'd like to attend the 2nd day look at Upstate on 4/25. I'm on the HP alternate list but haven't received an invitation from Syracuse to visit. Should I contact them? Do they hold 2nd day visits regularly?

Members don't see this ad :)
...thinkin' about goin'... I called them to see what it was about, they told me the dress code was casual and beyond that they didn't really have much to say...

I was going to go, but I recently got accepted by a school higher on my list. Just printed out my withdrawal letter today- kinda sad about that :(
Upstate will always hold a special place in my heart for giving me my first med school acceptance. Great school, too!

Originally posted by almondjoy
...thinkin' about goin'... I called them to see what it was about, they told me the dress code was casual and beyond that they didn't really have much to say...

So I am guessing that you are an acceptee, and not HP-WLee. So where else are you considering?? Maybe I'll see ya there!!!

Geek666~ I was surprised when I got the invite I was under the assumption that this day was just for acceptees. I really dont know if they have more that one 2nd visit....I guess it couldnt hurt to ask!!! Let me know what happens. Good Luck!!

Spin

:D :D

PS. Househead congrats on your new acceptance!!! Thanks for opening up another Upstate spot too :)

I haven't decided yet. It would be cool to meet my future classmates. (I am an acceptee.)

e-spin: I wish you all the best... I think you'd make a fine classmate. But sorry, the only way to open up my spot is to murder me. :p

-Naphtali

Any of you call the upstate office and ask if its a sign you have a good chance or at the upper end of the HP list??

Or does it mean nothing? I loved my two interviewers at upstate, probably the best ones i had. For some reason I think I do better with women interviewers. Although I have a lack of dates. Hrmm wonder....

OT: I am interviewing there on Wed, anyone know if it is for a waitlist spot?

Hey bridgie,
sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but unfortunately you'll be vying for a wait-list spot. I interviewed there on 03/10 and the interviewer informed me of this. However, if you were to get onto the HP alternate list, rumor has it that it's as good as getting in. Good luck at the interview.

Hey bridge, I'm interviewing on Wednesday too! We must be interviewing on the last day.

Also, I've heard that the HP list is not ranked until interviews are done. After being interviewed, everyone is given a certain number of points and they formally make the list.

i'll see you there then, i'm the red head. :)

5'5'' brunette, pinstriped skirtsuit See you there!

howdy, i'll be attending the second look day, i was wondering what it was about to, i've gotten no further info on the day, and it is only a few hours long. should be interesting... i'll be bringing my friend along too, hope they don't mind, hehe.

oh, i'm an acceptee, so a future classmate, looking forward to meeting y'all.

I just withdrew from Syracuse, someone will be getting an interview invite today for Wed.

Figured there was someone who wanted it more than me out there. Lord knows I don't need another waitlist spot. Four is enough....

Good Luck Trizi.

Any of you know the last day they interview? Supposedly they rank the HP list after all the interviews. So i just wonder when that might be. Although if they are still having interviews I know it took them about 6 weeks to review my app I can' timagine it'll still take 6 weeks if you interview now. That would be rediculous.... which would mean they won't order the list until mid june.

Apparently today is the last day for interviews at upstate. So I suppose give them a few weeks and they will start looking over the waitlists.