Upstate question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

son of ny

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was put on the High Priority Alternate list at Upstate Medical and was wondering if anyone knew anything about this list and if my chances are decent?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe your chances are excellent for getting off the waitlist at Upstate. Around May 15th you should be getting your acceptance package. Good luck.

When were you placed?

Tim W. of N.Y.C.

Hey turtleboard,
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I was placed on the HPA list around Nov-Dec. last year

Members don't see this ad :)
You're practically there! Pack your bags... You're headed Upstate!

Tim W. of N.Y.C.

Dearest son of ny
I think you definitely have a chance!!! When I went for my interview, both of my tour guides said that they had gotten off the waitlist around June...and now they're MS1's at Upstate!!!
There is hope!
smile.gif

Ryu,

Not chair of the admissions committee, but I have my sources and I know how Upstate handles its applicants. The original poster WILL BE at SUNY Upstate this Fall.

W.

Does anyone know how late Syracuse does interviews? I called the other day to check the status of my application, and they told me that it hasn't even been REVIEWED yet!!! It was complete over 4 months ago! They certainly didn't waste any time cashing my check. Any insight into how they do things over in Syracuse is appreciated.

------------------
Amy
University of Rochester, class of 2001

I hear you Amitha. I have not heard from Stony Brook and my application has been complete for about 4 months as well.

Tim, I see that you are still quite the expert on SUNY Upstate, yet you are a student of Downstate....
Perhaps leave this subject matter to someone who actually attends the school in question. Thanks a lot.

Son of NY, I'll see what I can find out for you.

Izzy

Son of NY,

I'd call Stony Brook if they haven't contacted you yet and you believe you have a really good chance at getting in. When I applied I was surprised that they hadn't mailed me an invitation for an interview, but I didn't do anything about it (I really didn't want to go there). My application was complete in September and around January someone from the admissions office called me and said, "We're sorry, but we've lost your application." "What are my options?" I asked. "You can send it in again." "No thanks was my reply. I'll just take a refund."

W.