BOTH UpToDate For Medical Graduates ! Too Much Expensive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

takeuponeidea

Be Strong ! Take Up One Idea and Work On it !
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was impressed with quality of UpToDate content but unable to subscribe due to expensiveness....

It seems Medical Graduates comes under "Professional" category but obviously not under "Resident/Fellow/Medical Student". I cannot see separate category for Medical Graduates and the price for 1 year is around $399 to $499 depending on the country, which is very expensive who is preparing for steps.

Does anyone know about official discounts available for Medical Graduates? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools support life-long subscriptions (you just have to do a login from an institution once every 3 months) and give mobile app access. My school does. Sometimes you just have to ask since it wasn't advertised. Made a huge difference for my step 2 study.

Alternatively, look for deals. I've had ads come to my mail from uptodate asking me to join for $99 a year, significantly less than the 400.

Is there a good method to use the summary & recommendation sections from uptodate in conjunction to using uworld? e.g. look up the topic from uworld on uptodate? Or is this too much of an overkill for ck?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a good method to use the summary & recommendation sections from uptodate in conjunction to using uworld? e.g. look up the topic from uworld on uptodate? Or is this too much of an overkill for ck?

I did this all the time when I came across topics that I was repeatedly struggling with. It was extremely helpful.

I was wondering once you subscribe to UpToDate on your own (i,e not through an institution or group purchase), is it possible to share the account with a friend or is the access limited to one person?