UpToDate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

han14tra

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Is there a way to access UpToDate for a trial? I'm going to Jefferson, and I have access to Pubmed, MDconsult, etc through them. But, I don't know the login info for uptodate. Anyone know who to contact to retrieve it?

Members don't see this ad.

Yea.. should be through medical school website or medical school library website (some sort of VPN).

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I contacted them and they said their subscription was on-campus only. They said to use ACP Pier instead. :(

don't feel too marginalized, i think uptodate prohibits remote access from any institution. Penn doesn't have remote access, nor does CHOP or the two private hospitals i've been at. there's something in their contracts about it...uptodate is awesome but it's also a major money-loving machine.

don't feel too marginalized, i think uptodate prohibits remote access from any institution. Penn doesn't have remote access, nor does CHOP or the two private hospitals i've been at. there's something in their contracts about it...uptodate is awesome but it's also a major money-loving machine.

our school permits off campus access through VPN when not at schools or school affiliated facilities.

Uptodate workaround: (admittedly kind of a pain in the butt)

When you are on campus and logged in to uptodate, there is a link to email someone an uptodate article. When you do this, it gives the person you email it to an offer for a free 90 day trial.

Email to yourself and voila, uptodate at home.

Uptodate workaround: (admittedly kind of a pain in the butt)

When you are on campus and logged in to uptodate, there is a link to email someone an uptodate article. When you do this, it gives the person you email it to an offer for a free 90 day trial.

Email to yourself and voila, uptodate at home.

Hahaha, that's actually kind of a cool work-around that I hadn't known about.

It probably won't work in this case, though, as Jefferson's campus does not have a subscription to UpToDate. Thomas Jefferson University Hospital does, but they're 2 separate entities (even to the point where they have two separate IT departments). I never had access to UTD until I started third year.

Even if Jefferson did have a subscription to UTD, the OP wouldn't be able to access it because she wouldn't have access to any campus buildings. They're all controlled access, that either force you to swipe your ID (which she wouldn't have yet) or to flash your ID to a security guard. So, all in all, she's probably better off with ACP Pier or something.