Upward trend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolcucumber91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, my gpa so far is a 3.41 (just finished freshman yr) and I finished bio and chemistry. Would it look bad if my first semester of sophomore yr I don't take orgo 1 and physics 1 at the same time? As of right now, my fall semester has just orgo 1, and my spring semester has orgo 2 and physics 1. I'm gonna study hard and try to get straight As, but would it look bad (or not as good) since I'm not taking 2 labs my fall semester? Sorry if this is a dumb question

Also, is a 3.41 decent for freshman yr?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a freshman in the same boat, 3.4..I hope it's not bad if you calculate a little bit a semester of straight A's could get you into the 3.6 range depending on how many credits you've taken.

That schedule will be fine, they don't scrutinize your schedule to that degree.

A 3.4 is a decent freshman GPA IMO. Obviously you'll want to raise it a bit for your med school app, but it's much better than the hole some people dig themselves into their first year.

It is actually wise to spread out Pre-reqs so you can spend more time with them and get better grades.