UQ-Ochsner 2022 Cohort

BLTCOOL

7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2013
  1. Medical Student
    Was anyone at the town hall last night? I miss it and would love if y'all that was there could give me some info on what they talks about last night ( info about Brisbane etc) tyvm !!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
    About the Ads

Chummy

2+ Year Member
    Jun 25, 2019
    1. Pre-Medical
      If you guys are referring to the 10am AEST townhall on Wednesday (cos I am not from the UQ-Oschner batch), fret not, you guys didn't miss out much. I think it is what we already know and the school have pretty much the same questions that we keep asking. Sounds like yes they are working with the government to get the current second years in, then first years and us incoming students if there is a flight quota. But they also can't confirm yet subject to vaccination rates and state and federal restrictions.

And again, there is the option to do online learning for the first semester (indicate in your student portal your intent as soon as border regulations are clearer so they can provide the "necessary support").

And other important things to do: apply for VISA soon (cos with the planned borders opening for citizens in Nov, Home Affairs might get busier), get your vaccination certifications (including COVID-19) to submit to the school portal, check your student email often (the school said everyday) and wait patiently 🙂 (ok I added the last point, but yeah lots of other students' questions were still unanswered or couldn't be answered satisfactorily by the school)

They did mention in the townhall invite they will be sending a summary too.

To others who attended the townhall, feel free to add on points I missed.

Reactions: 2 users

Wolvvs

2+ Year Member
      Jun 12, 2017
      1. Medical Student
        There's a town hall for current students tomorrow but I'm guessing it's going to be more of the same. I just want to reiterate that you should get your visa ASAP. A health check is required, and depending on where you live it can be a pain to find a panel physician (for example, if you live anywhere in New England, NYC is the closest panel physician). Definitely best to take care of it now before the semester starts!

Reactions: 2 users
        About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.