UQ (University of Queensland) Traditional 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GettingThere12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here applying for UQ Traditional Feb 2018 intake?

I have seen tons of threads for the Ochsner Programme, but have not seen any for International applicants not going through the Ochsner pathway.

It would be good to know more people before Feb comes.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
SDN's a primarily American user base.
that's why there's so many threads for Ochsner - because it's an American program.

Are you Canadian or American?
ideally, you should be looking for your relevant facebook group once you get in.
(then again, for most, its apply and get in). If you're American, you should probably be in the Ochsner program, not traditional.
You could practically rename the traditional program the Canadian and Singaporean program now, there's that many of them in the cohort of 100 or so. it's only ever one American per UQ traditional/international cohort nowadays, since the growth of Ochsner.

Lol, anyway, you'll get in if you apply.
It's very easy to meet people once you get to Australia anyway. I wouldn't stress.
Good luck getting a job on the way out if you sign up with traditional.
That is the 'catch', the fine print. that's why it's so easy to get into schools like it.

Edited for grammar.

SDN's a primarily American user base.
that's why there's so many threads for Ochsner - because it's an American program.

Are you Canadian or American?
ideally, you should be looking for your relevant facebook group once you get in.
(then again, for most, its apply and get in). If you're American, you should probably be in the Ochsner program, not traditional.
You could practically rename the traditional program the Canadian and Singaporean program now, there's that many of them in the cohort of 100 or so. it's only ever one American per UQ traditional/international cohort nowadays, since the growth of Ochsner.

Lol, anyway, you'll get in if you apply.
It's very easy to meet people once you get to Australia anyway. I wouldn't stress.
Good luck getting a job on the way out if you sign up with traditional.
That is the 'catch', the fine print. that's why it's so easy to get into schools like it.

Edited for grammar.

Yes, I get your point that SDN is primarily American, but it has a huge base that is incomparable to other forums I found.

I am from Singapore. However, I did come across a thread for UQ Trad 2017 intake, and saw that there are applicants from everywhere hence I did not want to title the thread to be specific to a single country.

And Yes, I saw the fine print. "residency is not guaranteed". It is a tough life. Lol.

Thanks for your input though. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Singapore would be the exception. It will always want you back.

Look for your facebook group, if you're looking for classmates or the singaporean medical students association in Australia or singaporean medical students of queensland. they look after their own well.

Yes, I get your point that SDN is primarily American, but it has a huge base that is incomparable to other forums I found.

I am from Singapore. However, I did come across a thread for UQ Trad 2017 intake, and saw that there are applicants from everywhere hence I did not want to title the thread to be specific to a single country.

And Yes, I saw the fine print. "residency is not guaranteed". It is a tough life. Lol.

Thanks for your input though. :)
Hi I got accept at UQ med 2018. Am from Singapore! Nice to meet you :D Are you going to UQ too?