SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Urgent advice needed NBME 1 score 370=184

Discussion in 'Step I' started by inmed, Apr 21, 2007.

1. inmed

inmed

Feb 22, 2007
    I have six weeks to study. Taking the exam at the end of May. With one read through of First Aid I took the NMBE exam yesterday and only scored 370 which is 184 equivalent. With that said i plan to go more into depth on my schedule using FA as the guideline along with kaplan qbank and Goljan audio/review path book. My realistic target score is anything around 225. Is this possible knowing that the NBME 1 is the easiest one and i apparently bombed that one! I am quite worried and stressed as I didnt even make out alright on the easiest of the NBMEs. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. AmoryBlaine

AmoryBlaine the last tycoon 7+ Year Member

May 1, 2006
    You have 6 weeks to study, and you almost passed after one read through FA. This is cause for celebration, not worry. Do you think your score is going to go down after you study for over a month?

Your goal is very reasonable. If I were you, I'd be smiling really big right now.

4. GOGETA

GOGETA SuperSaiyan 2+ Year Member

Feb 4, 2007
    If you have 6 weeks to dedicate only to USMLE or medical clasess, yea you can do it, now if you are like me working 40hr a week and driving 1hr with no traffic one way, then we need alot of effort.

I have seen so many people lately score 420 and 410 on NBME 1 or 2 and fail the test, that is just scary:scared:.

NBME 3 is the most accurate latelly, and we both have the same score mate, so we are NBME brothers.

Just dedicate on the low performence, my problem is that Everything is borderline with a couple of exeptions.

5. inmed

inmed

Feb 22, 2007
    hey there gogeta

Yes NBME brothers for life. haha...not in a good way...maybe we can be NBME bros that get in the 550 range next time around. Yes i am diong only step one study the next 6 weeks...using FA as primary tool along with robbins, goljan path/audio and kaplan qbank and any high yield, kaplan books to reference. I think it is possible right to get it up to 530 NBME range? I know some sections i havent even covered came up on the NBME 1 test so i have lots of weakness points to improve. Stay strong...its the only way to keep moving ahead! YOu can do this.

6. inmed

inmed

Feb 22, 2007
    First off thank you for your quick reply amory-i was quite worried cause i didnt do that well on the easiest of the NBMEs. But yes i did read FA about 1.5 times and have made some notes on mechanisms. Have you taken the test yet? Is there any good advice you have heard of studying with 6 weeks left? I have FA, kaplan qbank,kaplan lectures, goljan path/audio as my main sources.. I plan to do about 2 banks of kap qbank per day and use FA as a guideline to be memorized and understood at minimum. Any further recommendations would be great. thanks again.