Nolls

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2004
Cleveland
Status (Visible)
Hello everyone

I gave my part 1 in dec 2003, and got a 89%
after taking a look at the IDP Compiled Stats 2004 posted by mrinalini,.. I learnt that 90 and above is what u need,..
since then i have been in two minds about my next move.
I will be going back to india in the first week of may.
before that I can take just ONE exam.
I am unable to decide shd i take part 1 again or take part2.

your quick reply would be appreciated very much.....
since I need to act soon.

thanks,...bye

KAJALKIRAN

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2003
South Africa-USA
Status (Visible)
was this your "urgency"? lol! you are very fine and good to go! 89 is too perfect a score and infact better than 99! why? tahts cuz i got the same score as well....:) well, in reality i'd posted something similar long back and found that this score is very good (should i brag or shouldn't i?) and will get you into a good program.....so go ahead and have fun!

About the Ads

krishna

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hey, kajal kiran ....r`nt u indian lol:D ( ur name sounds me so)

Indians made MDS tough in India and NDBE toughest in US:D

SiMpLy IrReSiStAbLe

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hi Nolls,
I think 89 is a good score, and maybe u shud think of taking the part 2.
One more thing u shud consider is - incase u happen to get a lower score this time then that wud be counted.
If I were in ur shoes I wud rather take the part 2 instead of repeating the part 1.
I do agree that most universities consider the part 1 score and u have more than a decent score. and even though some schools do not ask for the part 2 scores it definetely wud make a difference to ur application.
Good luck with ur decision.

ToTaLLy_TaSha

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Part 2!!!!! :thumbup: Esp if you're prepared for it. 89 will get you into a program, for sure. Think of all the other schools you can apply to with a part 2 score under your belt. Good luck Nolls. :)

Tasha

Nolls

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2004
Cleveland
Status (Visible)
hi everyone,..

thanks to every single person responding to this post..
i am thinking of taking the part 2... as of now..

thanks for your reply.
it did really help me, atleast to take the thought of part 1 out my mind for the moment.

bye

KAJALKIRAN

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2003
South Africa-USA
Status (Visible)
universities which require part 2 result like UPittsburg and TUFTS also require part 1 score to be at least 90
i dont agree with that...you mean if someone scores like say 88 or 89 in part 1 annd even if he/she scores an amazing 90+ in part 2, even then a UPitssburg /Tufts wouldnt accept??
remember that most schools consider part1 scores as only 30% as part of their overall evaluation points..

toothlord

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2003
Status (Visible)
you know what,sometimes i feel that west coast universities are more fair and just because they dont focus on part1 completely and make it their point but part 1 is included in the whole package,i checked out most of these schools requirements they dident ask for example for part1 90 score minimum as must of east coast schools and the test that these schools administer to the candidates although its hard for unexperienced candidate but its more than fair to evaluate the qualifications and skills of their applicants,this is my point.

shilpi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2003
usa
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by toothlord
you know what,sometimes i feel that west coast universities are more fair and just because they dont focus on part1 completely and make it their point but part 1 is included in the whole package,i checked out most of these schools requirements they dident ask for example for part1 90 score minimum as must of east coast schools and the test that these schools administer to the candidates although its hard for unexperienced candidate but its more than fair to evaluate the qualifications and skills of their applicants,this is my point.

i completely agree

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.