URGENT HELP PLEASE - Should I enroll in a TPR 510 course starting July 7th? Exam on August 14th! (Very depressed)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrinceElvis97

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

A little background about me I've been study for the MCAT for a few months now but i was so focused on content review that I hardly did any practice. I am about to be done reviewing my content by next week so leaving about 4 weeks until my exam. I purchased UWORLD and have just began working on it ( will likely only do the BIOCHEM, P/S, Gen Chem passages though). For Physics, I will use my TBR books. I also have my AAMC material. Literally feels like I remember Bio, BIOCHEM, Gen Chem well. But P/S and Physics feel like a blur.

Honestly, I am feeling a little bit down because I have messed up studying for this exam multiple times previously and having submitted my app already and stuff, I just worry that if god forbid things go wrong then I will waste another year. In my previous attempts, I tried studying while in school and it was a nightmare and other times, I was so weak on content that it took me soooo much time to get through the material. I don't know if I have what it takes to do well on this exam.

Anyways, I am lacking a lot of self belief at this point that I can actually get through it because I've never taken a practice test so far and I am planning on doing one next week right after my content. I just ran across TPR prep class from July 7th to July 29th from 7 am -11 am, then 12pm- 2 pm. That leaves about 7 hours of prep outside this class. I don't know whether this will be good for me or if it's better for me to just grind 10-11 hours each day on UWORLD, AAMC and content by myself- but I just don't want to mess up studying any more :( Literally in tears as I write this.

Thank you
@MedSchoolTutors

Members don't see this ad.

Have you taken a practice MCAT? Even just a diagnostic one? It's hard to know where you are if you haven't. 4 weeks is definitely a decent amount of time to finish the AAMC material and take your 4 practice full length tests if you're at a good place content wise right now.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you taken a practice MCAT? Even just a diagnostic one? It's hard to know where you are if you haven't. 4 weeks is definitely a decent amount of time to finish the AAMC material and take your 4 practice full length tests if you're at a good place content wise right now.
Hi, no I have not taken an exam so far. I was always very paranoid because I wasn't done with content before and never felt comfortable taking it.

As of right now, I feel very strong with BIO, BIOCHEM, Gen chem. But P/S (I solely used the khan academy 100 page doc for this) and Physics feel very blurry. I will definitely go over both of these before the end of next week. I will also be starting ANKI and UWORLD today for BIOCHEM, GEN CHEM, P/S), even if it goes into the first week of my AAMC prep- I think that should still be okay? I am planning to take my first exam, exactly 4 weeks out before my exam date.

I saw in one of your other posts that you have a 511 MCAT. Are you re-taking that? It's a good score and you shouldn't need to (unless you have unbalanced subsections).

If you don't want to use one of your AAMC FL until the month before your exam, you can always take a third party one like Kaplan or Princeton review (I believe most places have a free sample test). Once you know what you're expecting you can better plan.

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw in one of your other posts that you have a 511 MCAT. Are you re-taking that? It's a good score and you shouldn't need to (unless you have unbalanced subsections).

If you don't want to use one of your AAMC FL until the month before your exam, you can always take a third party one like Kaplan or Princeton review (I believe most places have a free sample test). Once you know what you're expecting you can better plan.

No unfortunately, that was a very very uneven score and that too a while ago. Content wise right now...

I feel strong in BIO, BIOCHEM, Gen chem. But P/S (I solely used the khan academy 100 page doc for this) and Physics feel very blurry. I will definitely go over both of these before the end of next week. I will also be starting ANKI and UWORLD today for BIOCHEM, GEN CHEM, P/S), even if it goes into the first week of my AAMC prep- I think that should still be okay? I am planning to take my first exam, exactly 4 weeks out before my exam date.

You definitely need to start doing practice now. In these 4 weeks, try to get ALL of the AAMC material done, and spread out the 5 full length exams over the 4 weeks, starting with the sample test. You should also have time to get a good amount of UWorld done too. You might be surprised by how well you remember the material you feel blurry on, but even if you are rusty, doing practice will not only help you improve, but it will also help you figure out what exactly you're weak on.

I know how demoralizing studying for this exam can be- it's about 2 years worth of science content. Still, nobody ever feels like they're really finished with content review, and eventually you just need to start doing practice, even if a voice inside your head is telling you that you still need to do content review.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user