Urgent: PAT Hole Punch Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Habbas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Im having a huge problem with hole punches, I can only max get about 50% of the questions, does anyone have any tips to do well on them?

Im using the Crack DAT/PAT and they are hard for me! :(

- H.A.

Members don't see this ad.

draw a 4x4 square grid on your dry erase board, and place the hole punches in specific positions. As you unfold the paper in your head, draw in where the other holes are at. This method works great

I was having the same problem as you and then did what toothhornet suggested. I don't have to use this method anymore but it helped in understanding what I originally didn't.

Now i get about 95% of the hole punches correct. All I can say is practice, practice, practice. I used to hate the hole punches as I would miss more than half but now I hardly ever miss them.

What I do is go through the folds, left to right, and then look at the hole punches. Next, I go from right to left and place the hole punches in my mind as each new picture is unfolded more.

I will sometimes just focus on a few significant holes and try to find out where they will be and then compare the answers. This usually narrows it down to 2 and then I can look to see what the differences are in these structures and find out what the holes remaining would do for those differences.

After a while, you begin to pick up trends to.. as in if there is a hole on one half, you will know exactly where it is on the other half without having to really unfold it in your mind.

Practice.

Practice.

Practice.

Practice.

Practice.

Practice.

:thumbup: